SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372024 - 09/16/13 06:53 AM OT: Please, Please Read This - from Hammer
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Many of you know we lost our granddaughter, Piper, two years ago. Every year we take part in a walk to cure the disease from which she died.
Here is the email my daughter asked us to send to our friends. Please read all of it and consider making a contribution. Visit the website - the information provided explains it all.

Thanks,
Deane and Glenda

Dear Friends and Family,

This Saturday we will once again be walking in the Energy for Life walk to help raise money for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. Piper had Leigh's Syndrome, which is a devastating mitochondrial disease. Last year we walked in support of Chloe Fields who is an adorable little girl who is also fighting Leigh's Syndrome. This year Piper's Pack will again be walking alongside Chloe and her family in hopes of someday finding a cure. So much more research is needed to help understand and treat this disease, and for that to happen we need donations, and a lot of them. The families and children fighting this disease have no hope at all right now. Imagine being told your child is going to die and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. We have to change this. Please consider making a donation to my personal page and help me reach my goal of $10,000. For the past 3 years I've set $10,000 as my goal. I have come close each year but have never hit my goal. Help me reach my goal this year! Do you know someone who may want to help? Please forward this email! You never know who it will reach. (I met Chloe's family because one of you forwarded my email and Chloe's neighbor ended up getting it and introduced us). You can easily donate by clicking on this link:

http://www.energyforlifewalk.org/faf/don...0559B7A37B18771

If you would like to join our team and walk with us we would love to have you!! It's a 1 mile walk and can easily be done with the whole family. Please go to umdf.org and register under Piper's Pack.

For more info on Mitochondrial Disease, please visit www.umdf.org

With all our Love,
Belinda, Geof, Andi, Bella, and our angel, Piper

#372076 - 09/18/13 08:54 AM Re: OT: Please, Please Read This - from Hammer [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Before this post gets lost in the shuffle I want to send a very heartfelt
thanks to those of you who took the time to donate. My daughter also
sends her thanks.

Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online