SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#371841 - 09/10/13 07:37 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I'm with you Bill- I liked Harry Connick Jr. but he seemed to fall off the face of the earth after he did some work on Broadway following his popular recordings. Michael Buble has simply taken the spot. But I won't comment on his talent- there but for the grace of God go I...

So- who's next to be knocked off the pedestal boys? Not sure where that comes from- bitterness, professional (or not) jealousy, lack of self confidence, or maybe none of these ; rather simply stating an opinion and soliciting others. I'm done with it myself..

#371843 - 09/10/13 08:24 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
zuki Offline

I did "Home" like his arrangement. When I listen to me and then him, I realize why he is where he is smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#371845 - 09/10/13 08:30 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
He Work with David Foster one of the Big time producers in the business he is his son in law that helps I think buble is creative he has great arangements he is a Berkle school of music Grad so he is no hack his timing was very good for the sound her produces

it fit my style of performance I am also a big fan of the Rod Stewart Great Amercian Song book I do many of there Arang and people love them.

#371851 - 09/10/13 10:13 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mark... if this is your first exposure to Micheal Bublé, and you have heard the name for years, you aren't really listening to much, are you?!

Whether you like him or not, staying on top of who is new, who is hot, who is not, is part of being a musician and entertainer. This guy has been big for six to eight years, and you are only just listening?

Sinatra is dead. Get over it. If everyone is benchmarked against the greatest that ever lived, and discarded if not the equal, well, all there is is Sinatra, maybe Bennett, and Ella. I'm not sure I want to go through life listening ONLY to them!

Not to mention, if you or I get compared to the greatest that ever lived, we're going to come up pretty short too, aren't we? LOL

All Sinatra was was a great nightclub act before he became the sensation. And, to be honest, without the well orchestrated Bobby-Soxer teen hysteria for him during the 40's, he might never have become who he ended up as. You are rushing to judgement in the first few years of his career, as many did on Sinatra during his early days (not all his press was good!).

Given the musical scene these days, to have ANYONE appeal to the young with hip, masculine jazz is a miracle beyond what Sinatra achieved... at least he didn't have hip-hop, cell phones and a generation of short attention span idiots to work with. People LISTENED to music back then!

So far, it seems you are far more interested in letting us know what you DON'T like (or have a high regard for). How about finding something contemporary to let us know what you DO like (so we can all tear it apart!)? Mind you, that would mean actually LISTENING to modern music, which you appear not to do much of, if this is the first time you have given Bublé a try!

#371854 - 09/10/13 12:11 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Harry's a riot...lots of talent and GREAT in person.

Never got Michael, but most of the comments about what's familiar are "right on" in my mind.

Russ

#371856 - 09/10/13 01:50 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Diki]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Mark... if this is your first exposure to Micheal Bublé, and you have heard the name for years, you aren't really listening to much, are you?! Whether you like him or not, staying on top of who is new, who is hot, who is not, is part of being a musician and entertainer. This guy has been big for six to eight years, and you are only just listening?

Sinatra is dead. Get over it. If everyone is benchmarked against the greatest that ever lived, and discarded if not the equal, well, all there is is Sinatra, maybe Bennett, and Ella. I'm not sure I want to go through life listening ONLY to them!

So far, it seems you are far more interested in letting us know what you DON'T like (or have a high regard for). How about finding something contemporary to let us know what you DO like (so we can all tear it apart!)? Mind you, that would mean actually LISTENING to modern music, which you appear not to do much of, if this is the first time you have given Bublé a try!

Diki....I’m convinced by now that you can’t sleep at night unless you find someone or something to tear apart. Do you study the art of “scrutinizing posts” until you can find something wrong to write about....or does it come naturally to you?

Now, to respond to what you said....I never bothered to listen to Michael Buble because I never heard reports that he was “hot!” Popular, yes....but no big headliner like Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Bieber, Kanye, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Pitbull, and of course, our very own....Gary!

Further....are my in tune with what’s on the scene these days? I’ve only been a professional disc jockey (and a Karaoke artist) since 1995. I think that qualifies me....don’t YOU think?

And, further, if you think it’s easy balancing your practice hours between the live music and what you need to know to DJ properly, try it sometime. They’re two completely different animals. I can guarantee you'll no longer have the time to run posts like this through the grinder any more!

Frank Sinatra.......I never really went out of my way to listen to him. But the more I hear today's artists, the more I realize that man was top of the line talent. His interpretation alone is unmatched by anyone today!

What do I like nowadays? .....mostly none of it. I tolerate today's music is what I do. When I have to play it, I think about something else while the song is spinning....pizza, my vacation, getting my oil changed, what's on Turner Classic Movies tonight.

But mostly I think about how can I write the perfect SynthZone post! One that Diki can go over with a magnifying glass and not find something to b___ about!

Mark

#371857 - 09/10/13 02:08 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Are you actually comparing him to Justin Bieber??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#371862 - 09/10/13 05:49 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: mirza]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: mirza
Are you actually comparing him to Justin Bieber??

I took Mark's comment to mean 'popularity wise', not 'talent wise' ...

I enjoy watching/listening to Michael Buble ... is he the greatest singer ever? ... maybe not, but then I don't know who is ... but I think the guy can swing a tune, sing a nice ballad, and mostly, have people enjoy his performance ... what I DO know is that many of us here would give our right (or left) testacle to do what he is doing ... wink
and let us not underestimate the musical talent and capabilities of some of these entertainers ... it was around the late 60's when I was at the Steel Pier in Atlantic city NJ ... I heard some music and walked into the big 'concert' hall where a big band was rehearsing ... a short time later Frank Sinatra JUNIOR came on stage and starting rehearsing with the band ... after a while the music director comes in with charts for the entire band and says to Jr "this song is on the top of the charts' we should include it in the show -the song was "Up, Up and Away" by the 5th Dimension ... he hands out the charts and the guys start 'fiddling' around with the tune while Jr is going over the lyrics ... a few minutes later the conductor has the band run through it - like they were playing it for years - as Jr was listening and looking at the score ... when they finished, Jr says "saxophones, 4 bars after letter such and such you are playing a B - make it a Bb ... that changed my impression that Jr was only making it on his father's coat tails ...

#371870 - 09/11/13 03:55 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (09/11/13 03:55 AM)

#371871 - 09/11/13 05:47 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Thanks, Donny. I actually like the guy. Can I say that on here? sofa laugh2

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online