SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#371875 - 09/11/13 08:30 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: 124]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Quote:

Thanks, Donny. I actually like the guy. Can I say that on here? sofa laugh2

Well I liked the guy and his singing until I attended his show

at an outdoor gig in Dublin 2010.

It was a beautiful summers evening, the burger stalls and beer

stalls were doing great business to a very happy crowd of

people. The promoters did great work with layout of the seating( football pitch covered over with plastic), the stewards were showing people to their seats in a friendly manner etc.

I was looking forward to a great evening,then the show started.

He started with the excellent band with a very appropriate

number " Call me irresponsible".

To be honest, he was half singing the song and seemed to be

fooling around with the band with "in jokes". This carry on

continued for awhile then he connected with young kids with

their Mums and Dads in the front row and they were brought on the big video screens by his videomen"one each side".

I might sound like a killjoy but this all happened in the first

twenty minutes and the audience were "straining at the leash"

waiting to hear this great singer.

I was hurt and embarrassed as I had two people with me, whom I

had told about this great singer.

I noticed some people leaving in discust, apparantly walk outs

are common at his shows and he dosent care

IMO He is a slightly older version of Justin Beiber mentality

wise and a reasonable singer/ performer. Having said all this. he packed 40,000 in to Aviva stadium in Dublin a year later, a lot of people like him.

Frank

#371884 - 09/11/13 02:58 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How many Grammy's do you have to win before you put an artist up there with Justin Bieber, Mark? LOL

And trust me, I don't have to work even the slightest to find the ridiculous here, and reply to it! You aren't exactly making it hard.

How old are you, Mark, to be able to say 'I never really went out of my way to listen to Sinatra'? What planet are you on?

#371894 - 09/11/13 06:54 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Diki]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
How many Grammy's do you have to win before you put an artist up there with Justin Bieber, Mark? LOL

And trust me, I don't have to work even the slightest to find the ridiculous here, and reply to it! You aren't exactly making it hard.

How old are you, Mark, to be able to say 'I never really went out of my way to listen to Sinatra'? What planet are you on?

Diki.....how old are my? I'm old enough to have left behind my adolescent/grammar school days years ago where you went out of your way to be the class clown and bothered everyone else in a group.

Now, what on Earth has this reply of yours got to do with my topic? If you have to reply, say something even remotely connected to it, would you? Fact is, I'd rather you stay out of my thread if you can't say something nice or, at least, something constructive. Fact #2 is, when YOU decide you want to exercise your usual "disruptive methods" in someone's post, the thread immediately goes South....so South one has to look for it in Antarctica!

Now you're a very smart man when it comes to music matters....so smart I sometimes envy you with all that knowledge you have. Then I think how you act like a kid most times and I wouldn't trade places with you for a Harley Davidson motorcycle, the Congressional Medal of Honor, and 10 free Mambo lessons.

In short, grow up and do your mumbo-jumbo in someone else' threads, would you please? My topic was extremely important to me as it's given me some ideas on how maybe to get back into playing again. That's what's important to me right now...not the verbal sparring you seem to love to do. The last I looked, the SynthZone is a place where one can genuinely share ideas, thoughts and questions about music matters.....I don't believe it's a place for people looking to "rumble!"

Mark

#371895 - 09/11/13 08:19 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mark, forget this whole thread. With your talent and ability, getting back into performing is a no-brainer. It's what you want to do, and you excel at it.
You need a shove in the right direction? Here it is--go for it.
DonM

#371908 - 09/12/13 08:16 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mark ... as Don said "go for it" ... I've said before that when I moved to RI I left 26 great years of playing music with the same guys ... not having that 'security blanket' I did not play a gig for 7 years, until my wife gave me the push to do it because she knew how much I missed it ... I WASTED 7 years of playing time ...
Get out there NOW !!! ... keys

#371912 - 09/12/13 10:05 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As for MB, I have to say I'm a fan. I've never been to his live shows but I do have several concert DVDs and recordings. I admire anyone that can perform both the old standards and also more modern sounding music too. He sounds authentic in both styles. I'm thankful that he's keeping the Great American Song Book alive.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#371915 - 09/12/13 10:10 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Maybe some of his material will become standars in the future. I think there is even a Korg style called "Home". There must be lots of guys covering that tune.

#371920 - 09/12/13 11:02 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Diki.....how old are my? I'm old enough to have left behind my adolescent/grammar school days years ago where you went out of your way to be the class clown and bothered everyone else in a group.

Now, what on Earth has this reply of yours got to do with my topic? If you have to reply, say something even remotely connected to it, would you? Fact is, I'd rather you stay out of my thread if you can't say something nice or, at least, something constructive. Fact #2 is, when YOU decide you want to exercise your usual "disruptive methods" in someone's post, the thread immediately goes South....so South one has to look for it in Antarctica!

Now you're a very smart man when it comes to music matters....so smart I sometimes envy you with all that knowledge you have. Then I think how you act like a kid most times and I wouldn't trade places with you for a Harley Davidson motorcycle, the Congressional Medal of Honor, and 10 free Mambo lessons.

In short, grow up and do your mumbo-jumbo in someone else' threads, would you please? My topic was extremely important to me as it's given me some ideas on how maybe to get back into playing again. That's what's important to me right now...not the verbal sparring you seem to love to do. The last I looked, the SynthZone is a place where one can genuinely share ideas, thoughts and questions about music matters.....I don't believe it's a place for people looking to "rumble!"

Mark

LOL... a topic entitled 'So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble?' is your idea of a deep and important topic, possibly affecting your decision to continue making music as a career? Keep them coming, I need this daily laugh.

Now, maybe I should not respond to someone that apparently can't remain on topic without getting personal and quite nasty, but what the hell... you opened the lid to this cesspool..!

Truth is, you don't want ANYONE disagreeing with you. Apparently, that's all it takes for you to consider it 'disruptive'. Sometimes, 'constructive' isn't necessarily what you want to hear. Spend less time agonizing about what others are doing musically, and decide for YOURSELF what you want to do, then do it..! Do you think for one second I really give a rats about what anyone is doing in contemporary music, or whether it should have the slightest impact on whether I want to perform or not?

A musician is simply THAT... If you want to waste your time (and ours) agonizing over whether you should play or not, then I'm sorry. I'd have to say you aren't one.

#371927 - 09/12/13 02:33 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Maybe some of his material will become standars in the future. I think there is even a Korg style called "Home". There must be lots of guys covering that tune.

... hmmmm ... does anyone have that style ... BTW, (to add fuel to the fire grin ) Blake Shelton did a nice job of that song as well ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkoT1nZOexY

Edited by tony mads usa (09/12/13 02:35 PM)

#371928 - 09/12/13 03:20 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Hi Tony, the style is on the KMA in the 8/16 Beat 2 bank. It's called "Home Beat". Sounds like a good fit to MB song "Home" to me. Is this style on your PA 600?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online