SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#371678 - 09/06/13 09:24 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: john smies]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Diki:

I have a Tyros 3 and a Motif XF and have the same problem. I create a performance with multiple variations on the Motif and then select a Style on the T3 with several channels muted. This gives me a lot of flexibility. However as you noted when I change variations I have to quickly hit buttons on both keyboards and sometimes, more than I like, the two are out of sync by a beat or two. So even with two Yamaha boards this is a problem. Not sure if would be a problem with two Arranger keyboards of the same manufacture but that is less likely scenario in any case.

Edited by Joesax (09/06/13 09:24 AM)
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#371682 - 09/06/13 09:39 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: john smies

sorry Diki but you are so missing the point, I can hardly believe you not getting it.... frown

regards,
John

I understand about your simple tip... in fact, to most of those decently fluent in MIDI it is obvious.

I believe it it YOU that is missing the point. Stop thinking in such simple terms, and allow yourself to imagine larger!

#371710 - 09/06/13 10:35 PM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: john smies]
newday5229 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I love my KMA despite the shortcomings. John's Musical,Resources helped improve sounds and styles ... BIG time!
My big fingers adjusted fine to the keys.
The sounds are superb!
Nevertheless I have paid in full for a brand new Korg KROSS . I will have the first KROSS in Toronto, Canada. Me now waiting. Would NEVER sell my KMA.
But I have a pristine MINT Roland E-60 just became unnecessary. Thanks.

#371716 - 09/07/13 12:35 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: newday5229]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Just wondering...
The styles from KMA, are they derived from any particular Korg model?
Regards
Ky

#371719 - 09/07/13 01:39 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: Kytrinh]
MusicalMemories Online   content

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
The factory styles would be exactly the the same as the Korg Pa50sd

#371720 - 09/07/13 01:59 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: Kytrinh]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Kytrinh
Just wondering...
The styles from KMA, are they derived from any particular Korg model?
Regards
Ky

the factory styles are indeed the same as the PA50, but in my different sets of Resources for the KMA I have also replaced many of the factory styles.( only Korg allows you to do so).And of course in addition there are many more styles in my sets.

Thank you David for your warm comments on the use of your KMA in conjuction with my Resources. With Deane and Bernie you are among the hardcore users of the KMA and my Resources.And good luck with your new Korg acquisition !!

Bearing in mind the name of this thread I am looking forward to hear and see comments from those of you who have actually managed to intertwine their Yamaha ( or other arranger) with the KMA.

regards,
John

#371721 - 09/07/13 03:28 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: john smies]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Thank you MM and John...

#371792 - 09/09/13 04:35 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: Kytrinh]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

my pleasure.

See new thread for a practical demonstration. Hope some of you will follow suit !!

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/371791#Post371791

regards,
John

#371829 - 09/10/13 05:13 AM Re: LINKING THE YAMAHA PSR ARRANGER TO THE KORG MICRO [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good job, John. Very well presented.

I am having a good time getting my duo of the S910 and Korg Micro ready for performance. While the operation is simple enough, I have made some discoveries. First, keep the synchro button off on both machines. This is a no brainer, but many of my registrations include "Synchro Start", and,of course, both arrangers fired up at once.

My solution was to make three registrations on the Yamaha, with 8 programs each, with accomp off. This way, when I want to play the Korg, I chose the appropriate reg on the S910. This gives me 8 choices of sounds on the bottom, and 4 OTS on top. Conversely, when I am playing the 910, I merely hit a registration on the bottom.

Life is good

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online