SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#371646 - 09/05/13 02:56 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm with Fran on this one ... these 'subs' have worked there before with no problem? ... they pleased the crowd? .. no one left because 'Stu' wasn't there? .. PAY THE BAND THE FULL AMOUNT ...

#371647 - 09/05/13 04:02 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto! Just another club owner screwin another band. It happens everywhere. Reason #999,999,999 why I love doin what I do.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#371648 - 09/05/13 04:43 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

And why did the club owner wait till the end of the night to make a decision like that he should have said something in the beginning of the evening to the band

#371650 - 09/05/13 08:16 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: musicforyourday]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Since I stoped doing House Gigs my business has never been better I have a more diversified crowd and better tips better CD sales higher pay and booked at least 5 shows a week no more house Gigs

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing, but.......I'd like to understand. I've been thinking about re-inventing myself and getting back into playing music by doing shows.

Is that what YOU are doing....shows, where you entertain?....instead of gigs? Could you tell me more about what it is you're actually doing? I'm surprised no one else asked!

Thanks

#371690 - 09/06/13 01:23 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Mark79100]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I guess nobody told the manager, so he in turn said nothing until the check was given and left. Two wrongs don't make a right. But do you tell management when you have to sub a lead singer, but not a drummer in the back or other musician that is not fronting the band? I subbed my drummer several times without objection when the job was too far from his eastern Long Island home.

#371694 - 09/06/13 02:22 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Why would anyone get mad that we sub a guy over 60...for a 40 year old in a skirt smile

I am heading out to the Crab Trap now...maybe I will ask Kenny...Maybe he has a thing for Stu grin

Edited by Fran Carango (09/06/13 02:24 PM)

#371695 - 09/06/13 03:11 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Mark79100]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I do many concert like Shows where I do a Show like you would go to Vegas and see my main skill in that is to Entertain I am a good singer and play keyboard and guitar. It a polished show and I do 30 min 45 min and 1 hr versions and mix the songs I have many different show so often I get booked 2 and 3 times a year so my audiences don't see the same show.

I also play dances for many places tonight I am at a elks lodge in Lake Elisinore ca where I will play a dance for 3 hrs and Tomm night I will be a the Mission Inn in Riverside ca a 5 star Resort I am best in the concert show setting and I am gaining popularity doing that. So hopefully it will start to take me places but for now my calendar is full and the kids are being fed. Thanks for your inquiry if I can help feel free to ask. I am on Facebook Ron Johnson. And I send out announcements and web site musicforyourday.com it needs to be updated with calendar dates but you can hear samples. Thanks RJ

#371696 - 09/06/13 03:13 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I think you have a Bingo Fran

#371717 - 09/07/13 12:48 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: musicforyourday]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
......WEB SITE: musicforyourday.com it needs to be updated with calendar dates but you can hear samples. Thanks RJ

Ron......very nice. You have a good voice and good interpretation/delivery. I have quite a few questions actually as I've been thinking about doing a "show" for a long time and I'm hoping that will get me back into playing music again! Perhaps we could talk on the phone sometime next week on the # you have on the site?

Meantime...I really like the backing arrangement you have on Save The Last Dance. It's very, very creative! I assume it's a MIDI file? Did you do it yourself.......purchase it? You sing over it in your show or are you behind the keyboard? What instrument are my hearing on the track?

Thanks

Mark

#371725 - 09/07/13 06:07 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
......WEB SITE: musicforyourday.com it needs to be updated with calendar dates but you can hear samples. Thanks RJ

Ron......very nice. You have a good voice and good interpretation/delivery. I have quite a few questions actually as I've been thinking about doing a "show" for a long time and I'm hoping that will get me back into playing music again! Perhaps we could talk on the phone sometime next week on the # you have on the site?

Meantime...I really like the backing arrangement you have on Save The Last Dance. It's very, very creative! I assume it's a MIDI file? Did you do it yourself.......purchase it? You sing over it in your show or are you behind the keyboard? What instrument are my hearing on the track?

Thanks

Mark

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online