#371569 - 09/03/13 09:27 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
grin grin grin

Don, you definitely have too much time on your hands ... grin

#371573 - 09/03/13 10:05 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My bandmates don't give a rats whether I use an arranger or not. But that's because I NEVER use any auto stuff or SMF's on the job. As far as they (and me) are concerned, it's simply another keyboard.

It just happens to be FAR better than any WS I have ever used...

#371582 - 09/04/13 05:16 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: DonM

I think Uncle Dave hires a scantily-clad Redhead to hawk his songs and for other stuff too.

"other stuff too" What are you saying?!?!?!?!?!?
smile

#371589 - 09/04/13 08:01 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: DonM]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
YES I do I have sold over 2000 CD's this year alone I do a show in the middle of my show I play a game with the audience where I bring up two people and Have a sing battle using the crowd as teams it get everybody all lather up at the end of the song I do a audience yell off for a winner and I crown both as winners and give each contestant a CD at that point I plug the CD and then at the end of the show I sell like a mother it the best thing I have ever done for business promotion it a very Good CD it cost me 6,000 to make but I have really Gained from it I am complealy sold out for Christmas season 45 shows booked in 30 days already and Big Jobs as well so I recomend it to all .

#371594 - 09/04/13 09:24 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: musicforyourday]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Fran, that's pretty much my attitude...just don't bother with the club managers/owners that prove that you don't really have to take your clothes off to show your a**!

Stick to your guns, and enjoy yourself.

R.

#371619 - 09/05/13 05:21 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is nothing wrong with the Club Owner that adjusted Fran's band's pay ... the problem was, as is many times the case - COMMUNICATION. It's not a question of which sub or not. The client hired 3 people - 3 specific people. To change that lineup without notifying the client is not fair. With a simple conversation, all that pain and awkwardness would have been avoided. Stu (the guilty party) should have talked to the owner and worked out an option.
I've worked at the same place for ever and they treat me like gold - it's a never ending job to sell yourself and earn your keep. No one is "owed" a thing in this business. You work - you do good - you get paid - you get rehired. Pretty simple formula.
smile
Just one man's take on it.

#371623 - 09/05/13 06:14 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Dave
I agree. Things happen and everyone can miss a job once and awhile I'm sure the owners go through this with all their staff. Its a no brainer that they need to be notified and if they weren't then the pay cut was justified and perhaps a get even move for being disrespected. What job can you miss and not notify the higher ups? An experienced musician should know that from day one.
Musically I'm sure the fill in singer did a great job and no one really cared except the owner who probably felt blindsided. That place is jammed ever night no matter what entertainment they offer. Like so many other restaurant gigs we're just icing on the cake.

#371625 - 09/05/13 07:19 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have to agree with this... If you make substitutions in a stable band setup, you owe it to the management to inform them in advance of this happening (unless the case of a sudden illness or emergency), and offer them the option to approve the change, or to hire alternate entertainment for that night (I really doubt that, though!), and at least voice their concern. If any adjustment in scale is suggested by management at that point, the act has the option to just take the night off, or accept the lower scale.

My band usually has someone going somewhere every now and again, but a month in advance is usually asked for and given.

#371637 - 09/05/13 11:49 AM Re: One of those nights [Re: Diki]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
this is why I play a single 95% of the time

if it too be it up to me.

#371643 - 09/05/13 01:26 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You guys missed the point...the subs we use are the same subs we used for years..Kristin, Kath and Mark have filled in multiple times over the years...they are just as popular as Stu and JoAnn...maybe more smile

The cash register has never suffered from any of our performances wink

Dave you only have to talk with any bartender, waitress etc and get a handle on out "great" the owners are....let alone entertainers..

And how can you endorse a great owner that you didn't know existed a week ago grin

Both papa bear Jack and son Kenny, have a long history..

Personally I thought is was laughable when Stu found the check short...the bad reflection is on Kenny..not "Just In Time".. smile

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online