Dear membership,

I will apologize in advance if this topic has already received attention in these pages. My intended application for the SPDS sampler is to trigger in, "real time," previously sampled keyboard and effect parts during a live performance. It would seem that any drummer with this intention would want to preview and/or monitor the tempo at which the sample was created prior to and during a given performance. This way, the beginning of the song could be counted-out at the correct tempo, and the song could be played at the correct tempo, so that when the point at which the sample is triggered has arrived, the sampled piece plays at the correct tempo. However, the SPDS does not seem to offer the drummer the option of previewing a click when in a given patch. I spoke to a representative at Roland, who indicated that, in fact, this feature is not available. Am I missing something here? That would seem a critical feature, the ability to both preview and monitor the click at which the sample was created during a live performance. In any event, I'm using an out-board metronome to essentially do the same thing, but it is far less elegant. Any advice as to whether the SPDS does in fact provide this feature or whether there is another way of doing the same thing to allow the click to be previewed/monitored in headphones? Thanks.

Frankie P