SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37008 - 10/18/10 09:27 AM slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I usually save my registrations as a song name on my Audya 4 arranger and I trigger the module with a 13 note floorboard and play guitar live.
Anyone experience the following problem with Slider settings not saving on registrations in the Audya..
Every time I go to save my reg settings I do the following:

press save--then press button for Section 1/6 page 1 and 2,and select all the options by activating all the blue dots beside each option ie slider, midi, utility etc and then save, The reason I save all is that no one can tell me which one shoud or should not be selected. Actually I leave out one -Arabic -as i presume its not relevant to me. I then get a window saying FILE already exists-enter to overwrite: and i duly overwrite the old setting with the new one but keeping the name of the Registration the same.
Anyway it doesn't seem to matter what i save as every time I go back to my regs and play them back the sound booms out through my speakers and its obvious that Slider settings are not saving at all.
Anyone know where i am going wrong?
Any help is greatly appreciated as usual.

#37009 - 10/19/10 12:55 AM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

Can anyone make a suggestion as why this happens? Despite several posts no one has come forward and now is getting frustrating
Thanks

#37010 - 10/19/10 02:19 AM Re: slider settings not saving
nielshs Offline

Hi Rusty

No problems here.

Try this: 1. Press the Registration 2. Press Save 3. SectionOFF 4. Select sliders 5. Save.

Regards Niels

#37011 - 10/19/10 10:07 AM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
Hi Rusty

No problems here.

Try this: 1. Press the Registration 2. Press Save 3. SectionOFF 4. Select sliders 5. Save.

Regards Niels

Yes Niels, thats exactly what i do but its still happening.
I am wondering if the master Slider is supposed to save ? Its value can be seen moving at the top of the screen when pushed up /down etc Perhaps its that slider thats not saving for me

#37012 - 10/19/10 04:11 PM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

AHHH !! I have just been reliably informed by AJ that I should not in fact be selecting the blue dot as a means of saving registration at all, and actually it will only save settings if that blue dot on section 1/6 window is OFF
Can anyone tell me if that is explained in the manual?
But nevertheless , a big Thank you to AJ--that guy has always been very helpful to me.
so now, its back to the drawing board tomorrow for me but at least I am not playing the guessing game now !!

#37013 - 10/19/10 04:14 PM Re: slider settings not saving
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
"Rusty 999 AHHH !! I have just been reliably informed by AJ that I should not in fact be selecting the blue dot as a means of saving registration at all, and actually it will only save settings if that blue dot on section 1/6 window is OFF
Can anyone tell me if that is explained in the manual?
But nevertheless , a big Thank you to AJ--that guy has always been very helpful to me.
so now, its back to the drawing board tomorrow for me but at least I am not playing the guessing game now !! "

are you sure re this, when I dont have the blue dot selected in registration, it does not copy the sliders????? does not compute!!!

#37014 - 10/19/10 04:30 PM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

OOOPS Robbo
I hope not--I was looking forward to changing all my settings tomorrow when i get at my audya 4 again

Will keep you posted !!

Rusty

#37015 - 10/20/10 02:02 AM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

I'm baffled !!!

I have tried saving my Slider settings for registrations with the blue dot OFF in the section 1/2 window, but to be honest I dont see any difference.
This is what AJ sent me below--Am I not understanding him correctly?

Rusty.

Placing a blue dot means you want the registration to IGNOR those settings (not memorize). Try setting up your registration and simply SAVE (do not go into the menu to place a blue dot on anything)...

#37016 - 10/20/10 03:15 AM Re: slider settings not saving
Rusty 999 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
Hi Rusty

No problems here.

Regards Niels

Niels --blue light ON or Off ?

AJ tells me if its ON that it means IGNORE the saving slider setting
There seems to be some confusion about this

#37017 - 10/20/10 03:17 AM Re: slider settings not saving
skude Offline

I'm getting very confused here. Here is how my Audya works and has always done. Can't tell if the A4/5 is the same.
In save registration, I just mark (blue dot)on what I want to save in a reg. It goes for all sliders to the left and you can also save mic, voicetron. The Master Slider has never been saved in a reg. on my Audya. If I want to balance the output volume for the different styles I use the Style master slider and then save it in the reg. When you recall a reg. the sliders can be in any posistion, at full or all the way down. The reg. will play with the volume you saved in.
skude

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online