SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#369773 - 08/01/13 04:16 PM HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I want to set up the STS for the song "MISTY" ...I am using the "SWING BALLAD 1" style which I have copied to Favorites and renamed ... I have the tempo set at 70 BPM ... I want to create a 'double time' for STS 4 ... I have muted the guitar, and the drums and bass sound fine when I double the tempo to 140 BPM ... HOWEVER - I cannot 'save STS 4 with the tempo at 140 frown ... do ALL the STS settings in a style HAVE to have the same tempo??? ... If so, how can I accomplish what I want?
Thank You

Edited by tony mads usa (08/01/13 04:17 PM)

#369784 - 08/01/13 08:08 PM Re: HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You could always write a different performance side by side and switch the performance..

#369827 - 08/02/13 04:17 PM Re: HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Fran ... thanks ... I was hoping there would be a way using the STS or a Variation ...

Edited by tony mads usa (08/02/13 04:18 PM)

#369860 - 08/03/13 08:25 AM Re: HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE [Re: tony mads usa]
skude Offline

Hi Tony
You can on the PA800/PA3X, not sure what you play.
From the Korg Forums PA800:
Posted: 04 Jul 2011 10:05 Post subject:
I have just been having a play around with the tempo editting.. and I was correct but forget to mention that you have to INSERT a NEW TEMPO Measure for each variation, thru the Event Editor.

This works great, and actually better than i originally thought. I thought that the tempo values were absolute but it seems they are not, they are relative Tempo's
for instance in a style,
VAR1 - tempo 120, on the event editor master track just leave this on the global tempo
VAR2 - Tempo 130, INSERT a measure on the tempo track and change value to 130
VAR3 - Tempo 150, INSERT a measure on the tempo track and change value to 130

now when you play the style if you change the global tempo to say "130", VAR2 and 3 will be incremented accordingly, so VAR2 will play at 140 and VAR3 will play 160

hope this helps.
regards,
Vlad

You can also check this:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62990&highlight=set+tempo+style

I have done this myself on my PA3X and it works fine. Hope it helps you.
skude

#375578 - 11/17/13 05:42 PM Re: HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE [Re: skude]
Karmathanever Offline

Loc: Australia
Sorry - a bit late but I'm just getting back into SZ!!!

You have probably sorted it all out by now but anyway, here's my 2 cents-worth:-

• Select the style
    Press "record"
    Select "Record/edit current style"
    Select your Style element (e.g. VAR 1/2/3 etc)
    Press the Menu button
    Select "Event Edit"
    At bottom left you will see the track pop-up
    Select "Master" for the track
    Press "Insert" screen button and a new event will be entered (usually defaults to a "Tempo" event
    (NOTE: YOU MUST INSERT A NEW TEMPO EVENT - don't just change the existing one)
    Set the measure/beat location for it and the Tempo value

This works really well - remember that your FILLs will still be at a different tempo - i.e. you may need a specific FILL to bring you in to VAR4
Also, make sure to change all the active CVs in the VAR - e.g. you may change a chord type and suddenly switch to another tempo

Cheers

Pete smile

#375647 - 11/18/13 04:09 PM Re: HELP NEEDED FOR TEMPO CHANGE [Re: Karmathanever]
tony mads usa Offline

... thank you ... somethings to try ...
I haven't checked out this forum in a while either ... LATE is always better than NEVER ... wink

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online