SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#36960 - 10/16/10 08:25 AM Rename factory preset sound, Audya
skude Offline

Why do I want to do that??
The guitar sound #5 (F5) on guitar page 1 (not program)is called: USR_VOICE_LIST. I know I have worked a little on voice lists, but how this happen, I don't have a clue. Don't even know what name it suppose to have. Would be nice to get it back to what it should be, and I also need to know the right name for that sound. The guitar sound works fine. Anyone???
Thanks!
skude

#36961 - 10/16/10 12:27 PM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
vldvdeoy Offline

Loc: Whitehorse, Yukon
The Guitar name I have at F5 is STRATO
but I do not have yet the USB key with the new sounds. So this may have changed.

And by the way, this also happened to me once when I was playing around with the UVL. Unfortunately, I can't remember how I got the name back. I think it happens when you press SAVE UVL. a bug I guess.

#36962 - 10/17/10 08:42 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
skude Offline

Thanks
Now I know I'm not the only one, will have to find a way to get it back,
skude

#36963 - 10/18/10 01:35 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
skude Offline

I just e-mailed Ketron It. about this. It happened once It can happen again, I don't want half of my preset sounds to be named USR_VOICE_LIST. Let's see what Ketron says. (if they reply)
skude

#36964 - 10/18/10 08:41 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
you can do it, in past I had the same problem, 2 times append, try to understand why. simple: you edit the preset without know. for restore the name you must do:
you must edit the preset and save in the preset: like edit the program (that you press the F1-F... for some second) to enter in edit program (and modify the preset) you must do:
press the F1 (or the F of the preset) for less then 1 second end immediately press the key ENTER. Be attentio: now as you see you are in edit program, modify the preset, the different is that when you press save, you can only modify the name , not the slot, then save and the modify will be saved into the preset . don't be afraid about you are reading. if you press the F1-F10 and immediately Enter you edit the preset and save only in this slot. then can modify the name. if you try to save in other preset or other programs slot change, but will be save in original preset position overwrite original.
you can use it for change the name only.
Be attention , because you can modify the all 3 sounds, and create a new sounds like program, but will be overvrite the preset original, and cannot restore. I use it for change some internal preset that has different volume. sorry for my english hope you understand

[This message has been edited by pastroccio (edited 10-18-2010).]

#36965 - 10/19/10 12:42 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
skude Offline

pastroccio
Thanks for your reply, did as you told, but can't seem to get it to work. Just so there are no missunderstandings, I'm talking about how to rename a factory Guitar Voice preset, not a factory Program preset. I thought the preset voices could not be changed, so I was very suprised when suddenly one of my guitar presets was named
USR_VOICE_LIST. Rather stupid name for a guitar sound. I will try again. Thanks!
skude

#36966 - 10/19/10 06:46 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
pastroccio Offline

skude, you don't understand
I'm talking that you can modify the preset !
sorry if I'm not good to explain
yes, you can edit the preset too !
yes you can rename the preset you can wrong name
sorry I wrong tell, not ENTER but EDIT
I don't have audya with me now.

whant only change the name: ? simple:
which F1-F10 is your guitar ? example F2 ?
press F2 release it immediately and press EDIT.
you go into the edit preset (is like edit program), you think to edit a program but you are editing the factory preset and you cannot save to other preset or other program, you will save in the same slot only.
then press SAVE , change the name, finish
don't worry about the slot, this preset will be write in the same location, not in program
believe me, it work perfect

as you modify the name of preset of course can complete edit the preset

[This message has been edited by pastroccio (edited 10-19-2010).]

#36967 - 10/19/10 08:13 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
skude Offline

pastroccio
Yes it worked fine, GREAT, Thanks alot!!!! Now I can see what you mean. At first it looks like you are editing a program, but when saving the name of voice you want to change comes up. So it's just to rename and hit save. My guitar voice now has the right name. This can be a good way to check out how the factory has put together a sound with effect and AT and so on. Don't think I will ever do any changes to any of the preset voices. This is a kind of funny though, anyway now I know. Thanks again!
skude

#36968 - 10/19/10 08:28 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
pastroccio Offline

I use it sometimes, because I thinks the preset-program ar not all balanced. all the power, distortion guitar are very high level, some brass too, I have edit it ad now works fine. is good if someone has not enough programs slot, can use internal preset too and recall trough voicelist

#36969 - 10/19/10 08:46 AM Re: Rename factory preset sound, Audya
pastroccio Offline

I use it sometimes, because I thinks the preset-program ar not all balanced. all the power, distortion guitar are very high level, some brass too, I have edit it ad now works fine. is good if someone has not enough programs slot, can use internal preset too and recall trough voicelist

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online