SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#369650 - 07/29/13 08:40 AM New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi guys,
my friend published a new set of videos about BK-9,
this time with Organ sounds and audio key.

Organ on BK-9 1
Organ on BK-9 2
Organ on BK-9 3
Organ on BK-9 4
Organ on BK-9 5
Organ on BK-9 6

Audio Key on BK-9 1
Audio Key on BK-9 2
Audio Key on BK-9 3
Audio Key on BK-9 4
Enjoy!

P.S. I'm not the owner of the youtube channel, so if you have any question please try to contact him directly
Bye!

#369652 - 07/29/13 10:20 AM Re: New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys [Re: Phantom75]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
You have some very talented friends..!

I am VERY happy with the BK-9's organ section. I honestly think, at least for live use, it compares very well with the Nord's and other TOTL Hammond clones, and is actually about the same price as the Nord with the drawbars, and oh, by the way, throws in an entire state of the art arranger as well!

I am still in the process of migrating my entire solo setup to the BK-9 (rather slowly, as I have a six day a week live band gig at the moment!) so I haven't yet started in on the audio loops feature. Can't wait to see what I can do with it... This gives me much inspiration.

These are definitely some of the most high quality demos played live on an arranger out there. No hokey old stuff, just high quality modern stuff the younger generations can believe in..! I think Roland are on the right track here. Let other manufacturers go after the oldies and Broadway music type players, and build arranger support for the younger player. That will pay off in the end, I am sure.

#369653 - 07/29/13 10:35 AM Re: New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys [Re: Phantom75]
124 Offline

Well, I just listened to the first batch there and, to be frank, notwithstanding the guy's able playing skills, there's nothing really modern in there. Have You Ever Seen The Rain, The Cat, Moten Swing, and so on, all stuff from many moons ago. Just can't see a young 20-30 something crowd getting overly excited by it.

#369654 - 07/29/13 01:32 PM Re: New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys [Re: Diki]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Diki
You have some very talented friends..!.

just to clarify...
the you tube channel's owner is a friend of mine... but I don't know directy the guy who played... but he is a very talented guy for sure!!!

Edited by Phantom75 (07/29/13 01:32 PM)

#369656 - 07/29/13 01:52 PM Re: New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys [Re: Phantom75]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I'm mostly talking about the audio loop stuff... and by modern, I am afraid I simply mean no big band, no polka, no old Broadway styles!

If you listened to the majority of arranger demos, you'd be hard pressed to think that anyone under 60 plays them! LOL Plus, it's rare to hear one in the hands of a skilled jazz player.

Martin Harris and most of the German demonstrators, they are playing and aiming squarely at the 'retirees', but I think they are missing the point. It's time to GROW the demographic, not shrink it.

#369664 - 07/29/13 08:01 PM Re: New BK-9 Demo series, Organ & Audio Keys [Re: Phantom75]
124 Offline

I fully agree with you there, Diki, but it almost seems that the manufacturers are locked on to a course that will see arrangers go the way of home organs. But it doesn't HAVE to be that way, we know. Bit of an oddity, really.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online