SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#369547 - 07/25/13 08:13 AM KN7000 - Baltimore
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Hi All. I am contemplating selling my KN7000 as I recently purchased a Tyros 4.

It's in PERFECT condition with all manuals, original disks, cover etc.

I can only play one at a time so I figured I'd have to let it go but so far I have not been able to force myself to advertise it.

Is there anyone close to Baltimore who may be interested ?

I have no idea what they are going for now-a-days but I guess it's close to $2K ?

#369553 - 07/25/13 09:35 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I recently bought one from New Jersey for a student in almost new condition for $2,100 including shipping. There is no discernible wear on any button or key. So your price of $2000 is probably a good number. There are two on eBay now but they are not in mint condition.

#369558 - 07/25/13 10:24 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: Bob Hendershot]
pratzert Offline

Originally Posted By: Bob Hendershot
I recently bought one from New Jersey for a student in almost new condition for $2,100 including shipping. There is no discernible wear on any button or key. So your price of $2000 is probably a good number. There are two on eBay now but they are not in mint condition.

Hey Bob ! Thanks for the info. Mine looks like it just came out of the box.

I really hate to part with it as it sounds just so darn good. But I can't justify two keyboards sitting around, especially since I'm just a casual player and don't do any public playing.

Actually, I have a KN2000 AND a Yamaha PSR-SQ16 as well. Both in perfect condition.

That Yamaha SQ16 was top of the line for these "easy to play" keyboards. Yamaha was ahead of the curve on this and it has some really good built-in tracks. It was/is more difficult to use than the KN series of keybopards.

#369572 - 07/25/13 02:50 PM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hope you can understand the o/s of the Tyros - good luck...

#369612 - 07/27/13 09:35 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
PRATZERT...... When in doubt....DON'T!!!!

If you like your 7K.... don't sell it!!!! I have 2 7K's with
no interest in selling either. One is in my only home, a motor home. The other is in the RV park "Club House" where I play for the every day "Happy Hour."
Anything I have that I enjoy I will keep. Wish I still had the
KN1000, it was a great machine too, IMO!

#369634 - 07/28/13 06:05 PM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Wow! A KN7000 just sold on eBay for $1,325 located in Fort Worth Texas with free shipping. It looked in pretty good shape as well. That's the lowest I've seen in the USA.

#369647 - 07/29/13 06:17 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
mordicus Offline

Loc: Montreal
I could not afford buying a second Kn7000 as a backup for my original one (paid $2000)like many of you guys do, until I saw this ad last year... The guy was asking $800 for it !!! I couldn't beleive my eyes! I finally got it for $700 and it was in pristine condition as it was from the original owner.

#369661 - 07/29/13 07:06 PM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Serge, you need to buy some lottery tickets . . .

#369681 - 07/30/13 04:44 PM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello PRATZERT,

The Tyros 4 is an excellent keyboard if you only want to play on-board styles, but the operating system is attrocious and needs to be brought into the 20th century in my opinion. I recently px my KN7000 for the Yamaha PSR950 which is also a good keyboard and being lighter in weight is easier to transport (which is why I bought it) However, I really miss my KN7. It was a major mistake parting with it. Like Elizabeth said - think hard before parting with it.

Audrey

#369695 - 07/31/13 08:10 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: Bob Hendershot]
pratzert Offline

Geez... I have to re-think selling the KN7000.

Sounds like it's something to hold on to until it dies.

I already have the Tyros 4 and will try it out. I do plan to pretty much use just the onboard sounds and accompinaments.

If I just do that, maybe I won't have to deal with the OS very much.

I didn't realize it was still so bad and thought Yamaha had brought it more up to speed with the model 4.

I wonder what Yamaha may bring with the Tyros 5 ?

I hope they make the OS better adn then I'd sell the 4 and get the 5 and even still hold onto the Kn7000.

#370289 - 08/11/13 03:40 PM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: pratzert]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Pratzert,

The KN7 is so easy to use. Once you've made your choices, wherever you save it to, be it on-board, SD or floppy disk, it will stay exactly as you saved it until you manually make any changes and even then, it will accept the changes without any fuss but with the Yamaha, you have to decide whether it's a style, then choose voices and whether you need to save other parts as well (such as the OTS) and finally where to save the finished song - either to Styles or Registrations. This is fine if all you want to do is play your own pieces, but should you decide to make major changes, or use a third party style, you must make sure you give it another name or else it will overwrite the whole of your original piece and even changing the 'icon' can prevent the keyboard finding it when needed. Whereas the KN7, always finds any version quickly either by name, number or PMs. I find the Yamaha keyboards involve a great deal of button pushing taking up a lot of my time which I would rather spend actually playing.

With regards to the possibility of a Tyros 5 coming soon, as the latest pianos have a 'touch screen' I suspect the keyboard will go down that road also. I hope not, for 2 reasons:-

1) I like playing quick tunes such as Tico Tico and boogie so for me it might be impossible to play at speed and as well as tapping the screen to make any changes.

2) I also use music books and sometimes they need a quick flip-over of the page(s) which also means taking my eyes off the music and frankly even now, I sometimes lose sight of the notes I should be playing when doing this. Also age is catching up with me and I find I cannot move as quickly as I used to so imagine playing Tico Tico, tapping the screen for something or other and also having to turn pages..... it could become quite comical couldn't it?

Still! as the saying goes "Leave 'em laughing"

Audrey

#370314 - 08/12/13 08:36 AM Re: KN7000 - Baltimore [Re: Audrey Turner]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Audrey, you are a riot. Laughing, indeed! Why don't you use that fine looking pair of stilettos you wear to help you with all your maneuvers? (more laughs)

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online