SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#369971 - 08/05/13 12:56 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

love the Eagles Can... ;-) just a few more weeks !! dance2

Get ready, Donny, 'cause that's where they will be - "IN THE CAN"!!! rotfl

#369974 - 08/05/13 01:31 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, the PA3x harmonizer and vocal processor is really good. I'm surprised it's not the same one.
DonM

#369976 - 08/05/13 01:47 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
*** Small glimmer of sonic light at the end of my tunnel - I ruled out the speakers, because I put a small mixer into the system in the direct (dry) inputs and the signal was fine.

That means that the issue is the vocal processing unit, itself. This is NOT good news, but may provide a workaround. There is a dynamics processor in the mic chain that is far too noisy to be useable at this time. I need to be fair and play with levels, and different mics before I write the obit, but from the hours of tests I've run so far - I believe that this is the enemy area. When I turn off the dynamics processor (compressor/gate) the signal is too weak to get a proper blend, as soon as I turn it to an effective level ... there's the noise. This is the most sensitive of all built-in vocal processors I ever used. As soon as I push a key on the instrument - the gate opens up and the hiss is back ... even before I sing a note.

I know how tricky compressors and gates can be, but I'm very tech savvy, and have used these devices for years and years, so I'm bold enough to say, this is NOT user error.

Any other 900 owners feel this way? Am I alone in this quest for quiet, solid, beautiful vocal sound from a built-in unit? Help me Obi Wans ... you're my only hope.
In three hours, I'll be on the job with this hissy beast, so look for reviews after midnight EST US.

smile

does sweetwater have a 30 day return policy in effect?.. confused1

#369978 - 08/05/13 02:45 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Dnj]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Wow, it's hard to believe that Korg has put out a product with that problem. The mic input sounds unusable. I don't get mine until tomorrow, and will let you know how I get on.

Try posting the problem on the Korg Pa900 forum site, I know Paolo Trammonini from Korg Italy reads those posts.

#369982 - 08/05/13 04:52 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Hey Uncle Dave......
I just got my 900 in and I'm inputing a mic into left audio in and my iphone using a stereo 1/4" cable into the right audio in and both are working fine. My mic still works with the vocal harmony and effects through both speakers and my iphone is playing at normal volume levels through both speakers. Am I missing something here? It allow for both to be used at the same time.
(Retired 2021)

#369984 - 08/05/13 05:05 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I think the speakers sound awsome! In fact, I thought I was going through my Yamaha Stagepas400i and I was only using the built in speakers!
(Retired 2021)

#370015 - 08/06/13 07:40 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The 900 sounds much better with my Shure beta58 than it does with my EV 767a. Go figure. Making improvements - ill post some samples later tonight.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online