SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#368898 - 07/10/13 06:42 PM Re: Korg pa 800 Bose Compact Question [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can assign all the keyboard sounds, styes etc. to the dry outs and have only the mic come from the main outs ... IF you can live with the unprocessed signal for all your other sounds. Sounds like the dual mono approach may be the ticket for you, since the Bose is mono anyway.

#368902 - 07/10/13 07:18 PM Re: Korg pa 800 Bose Compact Question [Re: Uncle Dave]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I looked at the manual too. Strange that it would have 4 outputs but not alot of options to assign them. Ketron Sd5 has in & out...I know that doesn't help you.

#368905 - 07/10/13 08:08 PM Re: Korg pa 800 Bose Compact Question [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
G70 gives you main stereo, two independent (but effects free) outputs AND a stereo pair with the mike output and VH and mike effects on it. They sure went overboard on it!

#368921 - 07/11/13 06:27 AM Re: Korg pa 800 Bose Compact Question [Re: Diki]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Except the organ drawbars.

#368928 - 07/11/13 09:24 AM Re: Korg pa 800 Bose Compact Question [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Agreed! I always wanted to run the HB section through my Motion Sound Leslie, but couldn't do it.

Fortunately, the BK-9's drawbar section fixes every single complaint I had with the G70's, and more! I no longer feel the need for an external Leslie, and honestly think the drawbar section compares very well against the Nord's and Hammond clones out there.

Obviously, at a good $1500 or so less than the G70, the BK-9 cuts a few corners. There are no longer additional outputs, for the mike section or the arranger Parts. But this is in line with what other arrangers do at this price point.

In truth, I will still most likely in most circumstances use my mike into a normal mixer rather than plug it into the BK. Unless circumstances force me into a gig situation where there is only one house input available and I can't use my PA, I can see no advantage to using the BK-9's input.

Unfortunately, I think they skimped on a couple of things on the input. They do have a programmable EQ for the mike input, and a reverb, but I have not yet found any documentation on how to program the reverb, and I would really have liked a programmable echo as well (tempo synced would be great). My mixer provides this (and powers my top cabs).

But the loss of the VH affects me not at all. I hate those things! At least the ones built into arrangers..!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online