SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#368673 - 07/07/13 12:58 PM Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I have always had trouble re voicing midi files after I re voice the file and re mix levels I save it . it appears to save but after I choose another file the one I re voiced go back to the original I am sure someone can help me i would like to make some changes to my files but this is frustrating for me please help with the right procedure Thanks Ron

#368674 - 07/07/13 01:26 PM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Sorry I can't really help, but I'd like to know too. Especially save transpositions, delete parts and change (revoice) instruments.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#368678 - 07/07/13 02:33 PM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I assume you used the onboard Digital Recording program "Song Creator." If so, did you hit the "Execute" button before saving?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#368689 - 07/07/13 08:43 PM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

I am calling up a song from usb or internal memory revoicing it and then saving it and it seems to save but when you choose another song it goes back to orig , I am not sure of the procedure you are talking about can you tell me more , I think there are others who are having the same problem . thanks Ron I am doing a big Concert show Tuesday night and need to edit some of these songs.

#368703 - 07/08/13 05:02 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
On the PSR3000 you have to be really careful when using execute and save options. I have never been very comfortable and so I tend to do revoicing on my PC using Michael Bedesem's utility MidiPlayer.

I searched the forum and found a post containing a link although the post is about a different utility PSRUTI which (I think) can do similar things.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._8_1#Post325651

#368707 - 07/08/13 06:44 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
billyhank Offline

The following link has a lesson on doing exactly all you wish on your keyboard:

http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjSong/index.html

Bill G

#368710 - 07/08/13 07:08 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK, here's a step by step:

1. Select the midi file you wish to revoice.

2. Select Digital Recording, then select Song Creator

3. Tab to Channel

4. Using the "B" button on the upper left corner of the display, tab down to Setup and place checkmarks in all the appropriate boxes by using the #8 button at the bottom right corner of the display.

5. Press the Mixing Console Button and using the "F" button in the upper right corner of the display, turn on the Song Auto-revoice button.

6. Press the Exit Button once. This will take you back to the Song Creator: Service screen.

7. Press the Execute button on the lower left side of the display.

8. Press the Save button on the lower right side of the display, which will open another page allowing you to press the bottom of the #6 button for the final save.

9. Name the new song with another name so you will not overwrite the original midi file, then press OK.

Now, this is the procedure for the PSR-3000, and there may be some variations on the Tyros-4, but basically it's the same.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#368713 - 07/08/13 07:16 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
billyhank Offline

Everybody "always" miss the most important step "6A" make sure the song is at the very beginning before Execute!

BG

#368721 - 07/08/13 08:42 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wow! Makes me grateful to Roland for making SMF and Style header editing simple AND powerful with the Makeup Tools. Most manufacturers should take a long, HARD look at this feature.

#368722 - 07/08/13 09:05 AM Re: Re Voicing Midi Files on tyros 4 [Re: Diki]
musicforyourday Offline

Thanks Gary I will give it a go tonight , I am thankful for you guys I got a big show tomm night and I am using 2 other guys so I need to edit out some parts and bring up some ect and Diki I agree with you on the make up tools Yamaha need to do a better Job on this .

I hope others will be helped by this post I know there are others out there who have the same issue .

Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online