SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#36767 - 10/06/10 10:43 AM I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I agonized for hours listening two the samples of both boards online. Then asking questions about specific features to owners / would be owners and for my needs I decided on:

The Audya 4!

I owned the Tyros 1 and 2 and going to the 4 would have been a big upgrade. But after listening to the samples, I was wary of all the new vocal stuff sounding like Mitch Miller / Lawrence Welk Variety hour. My wife felt the same way. She is not musically included, but she knows what makes her foot tap and want to dance and it was the Audya. That Live sound, great samples, thoughtful features helped me overcome that urge to get those fantastic Yamaha Acoustic sounds.

This is a big risk for me as it shakes me out of my Yamaha comfort zone. That in itself feels exciting and new and I can't wait to get out there and do some solo work with the Audya.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#36768 - 10/06/10 12:30 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
leezone Offline

congrats...

you will feel that live sound when you hook it up to your PA

#36769 - 10/06/10 12:56 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hey kbrkr,

You made an excellent choice!

I have been playing all day today back and forth on my Tyros 3 and my Audya. I came down with a nasty cold, so figured it was a good way to spend the day.

While the Tyros does some great stuff, you just can't beat the Audya for its sound!

Enjoy your new Audya.

Jim

#36770 - 10/06/10 01:37 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
@kbrkr... don't forget me. I am so looking forward to hearing how your Motif controls the Audya 4. I too am agonizing over what to do. I love my Motif XS8 and really don't want a second board. If you can control it well with your Motif, then I think I will pull the trigger.

#36771 - 10/06/10 01:37 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
truberto Offline

@kbrkr... don't forget me. I am so looking forward to hearing how your Motif controls the Audya 4. I too am agonizing over what to do. I love my Motif XS8 and really don't want a second board. If you can control it well with your Motif, then I think I will pull the trigger.

#36772 - 10/06/10 01:38 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
truberto Offline

#36773 - 10/06/10 06:07 PM Re: I had to decide either Tyros 4 or Audya 4...guess which one i purchased...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ok, I hear you truberto!!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online