SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#367310 - 06/08/13 08:56 AM Re: learning curve [Re: rikkisbears]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Hey Rikki,

I think I just need some inspiration with it. There is a lot of Tyros4 vids out there but no western music with the PAX3...

Im very close to selling the thing. Just need a kick up the butt I guess..

Thanks for your reply though mate....

#367323 - 06/08/13 01:36 PM Re: learning curve [Re: MattyB]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
OK, HERE'S YOUR KICK IN THE BUT

Matty, I have a Pa800 and there are videos/tutorials available for it. I think, but do not know, that the basics on both keyboards may be the same. The amount of styles available through the different sources should satisfy most players.
I thought of selling my Pa800y 3 or 4 times and I am glad I stayed with it; the results are worth the effort. I have to admit that not all players want to spend the time (learning curve), their interest is more in playing and not going into the depths of a keyboard. We are all a bit different.
John C.

#367325 - 06/08/13 04:15 PM Re: learning curve [Re: MattyB]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Matty,
is it lack of styles to suit what you play? or problems with learning the operating system?

Also do you belong to the Korg Forums?
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=61&sid=e99cb2e360b527161c1dd6903732f2a7
Maybe not quite as busy as it was when the PA800 first came out, but there's still members who post.

Demo's for korg are few & far between compared to Yamaha.

If you need some styles, let me know. I've converted the odd one across from yamaha, plus I've got styles from some of the prior model korgs.

Certainly wouldn't mind a psr or a tyros, but I wouldn't swap my korg for one. There again to each his own. Yammies are easiert to play straight off the shelf, but a korg you can make your own.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#367326 - 06/08/13 04:58 PM Re: learning curve [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Matty.You inspired me to spend an evening with my Yamaha 710. I still realize what a great little KB it is but I emphasise the little.
I know it's not in the tyros range but the amount of styles and performances from others on the psr site is wonderful.
However, I don't have a KB to listen to others play. I want to do my own thing and I feel that the pa3x allows for this.
I got very frustrated at the start trying to understand the manual but as I progressed, I realised that this learning curve was necessary to fully comprehend the instrument.
I guess what I'm saying is that no matter what KB it is, you will have to learn the operating system. Owners of tyros find them hard to manage too!
baz

#367335 - 06/09/13 02:41 AM Re: learning curve [Re: baz66]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
hahah thanks for your replies everyone...

Yep..I will keep my Pax3...spent quite a lot of time on it today...slowly getting my head around it.

I will post a video later tonight of a cover..

Thanks again...

#367835 - 06/18/13 01:39 PM Re: learning curve [Re: MattyB]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
I, personally, would stick with the pa3x at least until I saw what the successor to the T4 looks like. Most likely it will have audio drums like the Audya and who knows what other improvements. I'm in the market for a new arranger right now but I won't buy one until I see what the next Yammy TOTL will be like. I prefer 76 keys but will accept 61 if the sound and feature set trumps it. As long as you're happy with the sounds, you can just learn the functions you need right now to enjoy playing. I think the Korg has great ergonomic design and is built very solid and looks good too. Good luck.

#367858 - 06/18/13 07:03 PM Re: learning curve [Re: rikkisbears]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Glad to hear it Matty.
It amazes me how so many different KB's can come together on a site like this and help each other.
And it's better that no one seems to run down any particular brand. I'm easy to please because I'm not that into deeper learning(I only just learned what the difference is in mono and poly. The korg taught me that)I would still like to know more about samples and PCM but that will come. Just enjoy! Music is an international language PS some of the Arabic styles are fab.
baz

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online