SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#367349 - 06/09/13 03:41 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Henni]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Henni,
sounds great. Good to be able to listen to the comparison.
The audio tracks make such a difference.

The only thing I've ever had audio tracks on is Band in a Box, and the difference there too, with songs that use just midi styles compared to songs that use aduio, or even a mix of audio & midi is amazing.

I assume with the Audya, if you don't have quite the right
( just say guitar audio loop for a particular song) you'd just use a midi loop and mix it with other tracks that are audio loops, and probably still sound great.

Thanks for the demo.

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

I made a short demo to illustrate & verify all I stated above. Read all about it & listen to it here.

I always put my money where my mouth is. Now, I'm not even close to being a pro musician like ie. Diki, Fran, Don, Gary & most of the rest of you. If I can do this, just think what can be achieved with the Audya in the hands of the likes of most of you...

Keep well all,

Henni

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#367367 - 06/09/13 09:19 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: rikkisbears]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Made another demo. Just follow the initial link given somewhere above.

Diki, on mine I have 2028 user drum loops, many, many original audio drum & groove loops. I estimate I have far over 3000 drum sections available to me covering just about every genre I might need. The onboard drum loops come complete with different sections for all the variatiions, fills, breaks, intro & endings. I just dial in a single drum loop, the rest is all automatic. I doubt if you'll find many songs for which you cannot find suitable drum sections.

Rikki, yes, the modified styles are a combination of audio & midi. Why replace a midi track that sounds great. However, in the same style track, I can ie. have midi in variation 1, audio in variation 1 & 2 and then again midi in variation 4. I can mix & match to my hearts delight. In this new demo, I liked one original midi track so much that I copied & pasted to the same track of all other variations (easily done direct on the Audya) I also copied part of some midi intro & ending tracks from another style, also done direct on the Audya.

In my opinion, this "dial a style" feature is what makes the Audya so unique. I say again, I only need a midi style with a reasonably good intro & ending & the rest I'll use my thumbwheel to dial in in no time & no sweat at all.

Listen to the demo. It uses audio drums, many, many onboard audio sections not made for that specific style, yet hear just how authentic this style now sounds...

I'm really extremely pleased with my Audya.

Keep well all,

Henni

#367368 - 06/09/13 09:23 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Mockie]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Henni, I would have never dreamed you were happy with the Audya! smile
Keep up your great work and wonderful ministry!
DonM

#367372 - 06/09/13 09:40 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Hi DonM,

Thank you for the kind words. We are preparing for a full time ministry. Lately I spend 4 to 8 hours a day, after work (mostly at night) preparing the Audya. I think this time round we'll sound a little different... smile

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#367380 - 06/10/13 12:37 AM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Mockie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Try to figure out, with only 3000 loops available, what the math is. First of all each style has what, 4 intros, 4 variations, 4 endings, 6 fills, 4 break/fills, right? 22 distinct loops..?

That's 136 styles' worth of loops. I don't think that's right, is it?

Last time I looked, wasn't there just one or two audio reggae styles in the Audya..? Best of luck stretching those out over an entire evening!

I have always said... if the Audya suits YOU perfectly, there is no finer arranger on the planet. If it doesn't fit your musical needs, you are kind of on your own. I can import as many MIDI reggae styles into the Audya as I want. There's going to be next to nothing onboard that I can replace any of the parts out with...

#367382 - 06/10/13 03:57 AM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Diki,

I told you clearly, the number of standard onboard audio drums from the factory each includes all 22 of those. Thus, 3000 and something minus 2028 can each be used for a full style.

Yes, the 2028 user drums needs 22 loops each per style. I heard you once complain that the Audya does not have many Latin styles. Good heavens, the majority of the styles are Latin orientated.

You are loosing out on a lot of good things because of your preconceived ideas about Ketron. But then it is your full right to do so.

Fact is, you will not create good quality styles from existing midi based ones more easily on any other arranger out there - Period! I did 6 or so good conversions over the weekend & I'm getting better at doing so with every conversion. I have more than 30 000 midi only styles for the Audya, so I have more than enough to convert for our requirements!

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#367393 - 06/10/13 09:57 AM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Mockie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Don't believe I have ever even mentioned Latin music. I perform very little of it.

Having listened to much of your demos (and very nice they are!) I definitely think you don't seem to stray much outside of traditional popular genres, which would make the Audya's ROM audio perfect for what you want to achieve.

Try this, though... How about a song or two in 'township' style? How many of those grooves exist in the Audya? Or live guitar loops in that style?

Imagine that your ministry involved playing less westernized music, and needed more along those kinds of lines... Would it be as good a fit for you?

#367421 - 06/11/13 04:51 AM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

This is where the Ajamsonic upgrade shines. How I wish AJ would get his act together and list all that comes with his upgrade. Many new township styles with new drum and guitar loops to suit. I'll make a short demo of a few of those and upload here for all to see.

AJ, come on man. Can't you see how urgent you need to list your sruff accurately for all to see. You are loosing out big time my friend and that just because of this.

Kep well all,
Henni

#367437 - 06/11/13 09:52 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

I've asked AJ very nicely to list all Reggae & Township styles with links of demos that comes as standard with the Ajamsonic Audya.

I'll go even further & ask AJ very nicely to also list all non Western styles that comes with the Ajamsonic Audya. I'm totally convinced that you'll be amazed by the reply.

Yes, we play mostly true Western music. I cannot change into something I am not by nature. I'm not a true musician, rather by nature I'm more of an evangelist type who tries to use music as a tool for reaching out to others. Yes, we minister amongst the black people mostly, yet we play Western music. I do not know why that is, but that's how it is & at least we are willing. We cannot even speak or understand their language! Yet I think willingness is more valuable than capability, which off course we lack seriously.

I have a question for you. I've converted all BK7 styles for my Audya. Although all of those are superb styles, I cannot find any Township styles amongst it. How many of those do you expect to come with the BK9? It's not only the Audya that caters mostly for the western world - I think the same could be said for just about every other arranger out there.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#367439 - 06/11/13 11:22 PM Re: style making on Psr 950 [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I must really be out of touch. Never heard of the term Township styles. I guess that's why I don't miss them.
DonM

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online