SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#366941 - 05/30/13 10:56 AM BK-9 keybed
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
I recently had a chance to play the BK-9. To me the keys bottomed on the keybed too hard. I then played the PA-3x and the key difference was immediately apparent.

I know that the Korg is twice the price but what technology must be used to get that "soft landing feel" that the BK-9 has not?

Ian

#366947 - 05/30/13 12:38 PM Re: BK-9 keybed [Re: Beemer]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Beemer
I recently had a chance to play the BK-9. To me the keys bottomed on the keybed too hard. I then played the PA-3x and the key difference was immediately apparent.

I know that the Korg is twice the price but what technology must be used to get that "soft landing feel" that the BK-9 has not?

Ian

Ian, that is exactly how the JunoStage played...I was told this BK9 had a better action..I guess I will have to test it for myself...

www.francarango.com

#366960 - 05/30/13 02:35 PM Re: BK-9 keybed [Re: Fran Carango]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Beemer

Ian

Ian, that is exactly how the JunoStage played...I was told this BK9 had a better action..I guess I will have to test it for myself...

Fran,

I have a Kurzweil K1200 Pro 88 key synth/master keyboard. I bought it untried as it was the first of its type to come into the UK and to far away to travel to try it. It also has a noisy "thump" as each key bottoms.

The above said I also play upright piano and it may be that I am too heavy in touch for "organ type" keys.

Of course to use aftertouch the key must be fully depressed so for me I'm going to keep saving until I can afford the PA-3x or whichever arranger keyboard has the equivalent keybed and arranger functions.

Ian

Edited by Beemer (05/30/13 02:36 PM)

#366968 - 05/30/13 08:47 PM Re: BK-9 keybed [Re: Beemer]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
yep - I did forewarn folks re the BK9 keybed... wink

#367301 - 06/08/13 06:02 AM Re: BK-9 keybed [Re: Beemer]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Thats why I may stick to my BK7M midied to my Casio PX350. Same sounds and styles but a keyboard you can really play and feel comfortable with. So far very happy except for having to juggle all those 9V adaptors. Hate those things!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online