SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#365453 - 04/22/13 02:55 PM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: angel1000]
Tonewheeldude Offline

we wont know fully until it is released so its pretty impossible to say what the difference will be.....just have to wait and see.

the current midjay is a multimedia player that has the ability to play styles that can be controlled via a keyboard (play sounds and change chords). it was never intended to be a replacement for Ketrons arranger modules.

wether the MidJay Pro will have more performance features we will just have to be patient.

#365463 - 04/22/13 04:31 PM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: Tonewheeldude]
angel1000 Offline

Hi tonewheeledude, as you stated never meant to be a replacement but is there anything than an sd3 can do that a midjay+ can't.

Edited by angel1000 (04/22/13 04:32 PM)

#365467 - 04/23/13 01:11 AM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: angel1000]
Tonewheeldude Offline

first of all, i forgot, the midjay does have arranger a, b, c, d, intro and break butotn- sorry.

Basically many of the main features found on an sd3 are on the midjay+, but it is limited only in that the unit is primarily a multimedia player. That means the emphasis is on playback and editing of Midi, Mp3 , Wav and SFX files and lyrics. However, styles and sounds are there but not so easy to bring up in real time. Sounds can be edited in the same way as an SD3 (4 voice editing). Style editing is very limited though and you are essentially stuck with the factory styles.

An arranger is designed for real time use and the SD3/Audya 4 have all the small things that make using an arranger for different types of people possible - virtually every performer uses these instruments in a different way and Ketron have built in almost every possible permeation of use on the arrangers.

For live use, you generally need quick access to levels, styles, sounds etc. This cannot be achieved in the same way on a midjay+...but, if you operate entirely from a master controller or pre-program your entire setlist - as some do, then you could get away with a midjay. You just have to accept that it will be limited in operation.

I suggest you scan through the owners manuals of the various instruments to see what is possible and what is not.

http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=co...20&lang=eng

#365475 - 04/23/13 05:01 AM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: angel1000]
leezone Offline

and now i want to know if it will read Audya styles,
and what will or will not play

ie.
will audio drums play if i load all Audya Audio drums?
will all other tracks play like in Audya?
since no Audio guitars, i guess then we'd have to replace with something else

and why do we have to wait till it's released?

hasn't someone at the show already checked it out?

#365479 - 04/23/13 05:50 AM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: angel1000]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I doubt it will play your Audyas tyles as they are protected and will only play in your Audya.

#366349 - 05/16/13 07:56 AM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: Tonewheeldude]
angel1000 Offline

just received an email from Ketron, the sd1000 is on the market. Calling my Canadian dealer to see the price.

#366352 - 05/16/13 09:19 AM Re: Ketron midjaypro [Re: angel1000]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I use the Midjay Plus and I really like it. The only drawback, for me, is the fact that it is not compatible with styles from other Ketron boards or modules – only the SD5 that has the same styles. I also have the SD1 Plus, and the styles are not compatible and midi files that are edited on the Plus are not playable on the SD1 Plus and vice versa. Dreamer noted that the first Midjay did play SD1 and X1 styles and I’m hopeful that the Pro will eliminate the need to edit styles, registrations and midi files twice for use with the SD1.
Also, I see that the Pro will display info from several formats and perhaps that will allow for the display of music scores as well as lyrics.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online