SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#366319 - 05/15/13 08:54 AM VanBasco Midi Out Problem
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am trying to midi my S910 to my VanBasco player in my laptops. One is Windows XP and my Netbook is a W500 Acer running Win7.

The XP laptop configured my midi out to the Yamaha driver, and works perfect. The Win7 VanBasco app does not show the "settings" in the drop down box in the upper right note symbol. Therefore, I cannot designate a midi out.

I downloaded the latest version to make sure. My main PC with Win7 is the same.

#366338 - 05/15/13 06:16 PM Re: VanBasco Midi Out Problem [Re: Bernie9]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bernie, I suspect you didn't install the driver correctly. There's a sequence of events that must take place in the proper order and if you deviate a single step, the driver will not be recognized. You may have to uninstall the driver, then reinstall it. I have a long day tomorrow, beginning at 10 a.m. and I probably won't get home till after 9 p.m., and Friday is worse. If it rains Sunday, and you haven't solved the problem, I'll give you a call and walk you through the process over the telephone. If the sun shines here, I'll be working on the boat.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366340 - 05/15/13 07:05 PM Re: VanBasco Midi Out Problem [Re: Bernie9]
billyhank Offline

Bernie,

with the Player open on your desktop, just right click on the face of the main panel and select setup.
Then you will see your MIDI connection.

Bill G

#366347 - 05/16/13 04:46 AM Re: VanBasco Midi Out Problem [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bill
That did it. Thanks so much.

Gary

Thank you for your offer of help again. I thought you might be right, as I don't have a CD drive on my laptop, and had to download to a pen drive.

Everything fine now.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online