SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#366037 - 05/05/13 09:27 PM OT I am so sad.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Joe Lee Richards just called to tell me that it would most likely be the last time we would talk. His lungs have become so weak that the doctors don't expect him to last more than another day or two. He also is having heart failure.
I know quite a few members here met Joe at the Arranger Jams in Shreveport. He was the guy who made the videos of them, and he sang, played guitar, and used his Ketron Midjay for music.
He was a really good fried of mine and of Hank B.
He asked me to tell you how much meeting you and getting to jam with you meant to him.
I will probably drive up to Arkansas tomorrow if the doctors will allow me to see him.
For many years Joe was known as the "Singing Sheriff". He served as county Sheriff for many terms and was still active in local politics, in fact still serving as City Councilman in Benton, Arkansas. In his younger years he played with many of the top country entertainers in Nashville.
I met Joe through the Yahoo Solton Forum, when we realized we were both from Benton, although in different states. He made many trips to Louisiana after that. He and I and Dean Mathis played several 4th of July concerts for "his" Benton.
Joe said that he is ready to go on. I hope those of you who pray will include him and his large family.
Thanks for letting me share this with you.
DonM

#366039 - 05/06/13 04:01 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
I don't know him, but I am well aquainted with daily prayer so I will pray for God's will for him! I hope you get to see your friend again and talk to him. You are a great guy to be friends with, and so many of us will join you in prayer.

#366040 - 05/06/13 05:04 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Joe truly is one of the bonafide southern gentlemen. Meet him once and you were friends forever.
Peace and comfort to Joe.
Eddie

#366043 - 05/06/13 05:51 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don this is sad new....Joe is a good friend of mine also.
We had good times at the jam in Louisiana and always stayed in touch...sorry to hear of his illness...
Prayers are in order...say hello for me.

Joe Lee, Donny P, Don M, Jammin in LA. "Another Bridge To Burn"

Edited by Dnj (05/06/13 05:54 AM)

#366046 - 05/06/13 07:38 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Don, say hello for me also. I enjoyed the times spent with him at the jam. He is a great guy and he and his family will be in my prayers.

Joe

#366047 - 05/06/13 08:10 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Sure sorry to hear this, what a nice man.

#366048 - 05/06/13 08:27 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I talked with Joe about six months ago, he was having a rough time then. He's a really nice person, very talented, and a good friend.

Thanks Don,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366053 - 05/06/13 11:20 AM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Don, one always shares the feelings of ones they are close to.

I never met your friend, but you're my friend, and I'm sharing your sadness at this time.

He's lucky to have you around.

We ALL are.

Russ

#366061 - 05/06/13 12:41 PM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I never met Joe Lee, but I've met Don and Bill (Semi-Live), and poor departed Hank, so I think I have a feel for the type of person Joe Lee might be as well - the kind of person there are not enough of in the world today ...

Don, I can feel your loss as I lost a great friend and 26 year band member a couple of years ago ... it is really quite devastating ... hopefully you will have the chance to see your friend one more time and tell him what he has meant to you ...

You, Joe Lee, and his family are in our prayers ...

God Bless,

#366080 - 05/06/13 04:56 PM Re: OT I am so sad. [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don, I know what you feel. Three of the best friends I had, one of them since 4 years old, one from about 12 years old and the other a handicap trombone player was like a brother to me all died within 12 months. It was like impossible to me.

Take care go see Joe if possible. I'm thinking of you the boys and Susan now.
Love ya man,
Boo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online