SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#365069 - 04/16/13 02:39 PM Purchase Tyros 4
Marty Dee Offline

Loc: The Villages, Fl
I am currently a Technics KN7000 user however am concerned about that fact that if it goes casters up I out cold, so thus looking at a second board. I looked at the Krog PA3 but very difficult to use. Just started looking at Tyros 4 seems like its feature rich however sitting at one for just 30 minutes I did not get comfortable with its use. My KN7000 allows me to load instruments (ie piano or sax, etc) to my program wheel and I start a rythmn and at anytime I can select 1-8 sounds from my program wheel. Im sure there must be a similar way to do this however did not see where to do it.
Question is there a helpful people on this forum like there is on the Technics forum

#366912 - 05/29/13 04:34 PM Re: Purchase Tyros 4 [Re: Marty Dee]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Yes there is a lot of help out there Marty.

I had much the same thoughts as you so I traded in my KN7000 for a Yamaha PSR950 which is a very good keyboard and has built-in speakers, making it much easier to transport to venues which is why I went for it. For the want of a better description the build is exactly like my friends old PSR3000 but with a modern sound system. It is a bit limited in what it can do, e.g. there is no hard drive, so everything is saved to USB sticks but compared to the Tyros 4 it is easier to get to grips with. I suggest you go to a music shop and try both of them and get the salesman to demonstrate it and explain the Yamaha system to you as to me, it is overly complicated.

The thing I like about the Korg is it can play KN styles which I think is a real bonus. However I couldn't justify the cost of it.

However I really miss my KN7000 and just as soon as I can, I will get another. My advice to you is - "if in doubt, stick with the KN7 - there's still nothing to match it".

Good luck! Audrey

#366918 - 05/29/13 09:09 PM Re: Purchase Tyros 4 [Re: Audrey Turner]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Really!! I didn't know that. Please explain.
baz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online