SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#364007 - 03/29/13 09:22 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I can't disagree with you there. Same can be said about powered vs passive. I always needed at least 4 channels for a solo so some kind of mixer was needed. If you're soloing with a keyboard and mic that runs through it the least amount of pieces you can get away with the better. Have these (mackie) actually hit the big box store shelves yet?

#364008 - 03/29/13 09:41 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: sparky589
I can't disagree with you there. Same can be said about powered vs passive. I always needed at least 4 channels for a solo so some kind of mixer was needed. If you're soloing with a keyboard and mic that runs through it the least amount of pieces you can get away with the better. Have these (mackie) actually hit the big box store shelves yet?

I always use a mixer to control KB, music & vocals,
Looks like in stores $699, (8) $849,(12)
$999.00, (sub).....I'm sure Frankie V. at Audioworks CT would be able to give us some more info on them & a great deal..
http://www.audioworksct.com/

#364010 - 03/29/13 10:01 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
For the money there are much better choices than these Mackies.Jbl prx600,Yamaha DXR.Yamaha DSR would blow any of these away.QSC K series.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#364011 - 03/29/13 11:00 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have all these speakers side by side
HK Nano
HK Elements
LD Maui
Yamaha DXR
Mackie DL series

I love the flat response of the Elements, it works in everyroom with out a problem.

I think the Yamaha DXR series is the best powered for the money, the QSCs are about $150 more, but the NEXO based Yamaha's are great. I have a set of DXR12's for monitors on a Yamaha DTX900 electronic kit, and it moves allot of air, and sounds great.

The Mackies take the least amount of space with the Coax design. They have a great sound to them. They are extremely easy to transport because of their small footprint. The eq / xover / mixer section is very helpful in a bunch of situations.

I think, if you have the room and money, it's the HK Elements.

If you lack space but have the money, go with the Mackies

If you have space and a not the biggest budget go Yamaha,

Give me a call, I've used all of them in live situations including single performers to full band set-ups

#364012 - 03/29/13 11:11 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I have QSC K-8 and the Yamaha dxr and dxs series 12in and 15 subs ans it is a very good product for yhe money QSC K-8 star of the bunch . yamaha a bit punchy and a little trebley but over all very good I use system for outdoor concerts and they do very well.

#364017 - 03/29/13 01:01 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have used Mackie's for donkey's years, but some friends have the new QSC's... absolutely no comparison. The horn on the QSC's is clear, doesn't sound 'plastic-y', and goes a LOT louder before nasty overtones kick in.

The Mackie SRM450 was a good product for its time, but it always struck me that most of the good points were about construction and features. Not the 'sound'. Compared to upper tier JBL's, it never sounded that good, and compared to the QSC's, same deal.

Perhaps these new Mackie DLM's can bring Mackie back to the forefront? The coaxial design is novel, keeping the size down. Power is exaggerated, as most companies do nowadays. 2000W really means about 1000W RMS, maybe lower before THD% sets in too much. You need a boatload of ClassD power to be the equivalent of a Class A or B amp! But they are heat efficient, which is what you need if you are going to stick them in a speaker!

No-one round my area has one of these DLM systems yet, but several friends and clubs have gone with the QSC's. All sound great for having done so.

#364018 - 03/29/13 01:26 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It doesn't really matter if they say it's 2000 or 1000 W.
All it matters is SPL,because that is what human ear hears.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#364019 - 03/29/13 01:49 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

So I wonder how they stack up against TWO BOSE L1 systems in stereo?....the QSC units I heard at some DJ showcases didn't impress me at all,Their jokes on what their name means is legendary. QSC has been said to mean Quit Selling Crows.
Or Quit Selling Crap. rotf2
Yet actually means Quilter Sound Company...most DJ's around here are Pumping Mackie or JBL or EV live X tops with SUBS if that's your thing.The biggest problem that people overlook is the long-term evaluation of a product. When it comes to EV, JBL, QSC, MACKIE, . One could put a blindfold on and most often any of these brands would make one proud to own them.

Edited by Dnj (03/29/13 02:02 PM)

#364021 - 03/29/13 02:50 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I found Dj playing mp3 it sounds thin but when you use for keyboards I like the QSC k-8 very small and deliver a great sound most of the time I can't use the bass switch because it is too much bass .

I have heard that the bose are very good I have never used them.

#364023 - 03/29/13 03:09 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who uses the QSC's without a sub and expects full sound except for really nearfield use?

I've heard the 12"'s used with a pair of subs fill a club of several hundred to full blast live rock band levels. And do large outdoor venues, with crystal clear sound.

You need to quit judging equipment on how badly a DJ can make it sound!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online