Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#363946 - 03/28/13 09:41 AM New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO
Dnj Offline

I cant wait to try these babys!! headphone

The on-board MIXER looks interesting.

DLM Series

Edited by Dnj (03/28/13 09:48 AM)

#363958 - 03/28/13 01:46 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you think that you will have the time to go peer behind the speakers at a tiny B&W display to make any mix adjustments..!

#363962 - 03/28/13 02:24 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Diki]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Try EV ZLX.Those are new from EV.They are 399 for 12 powered and 499 for 15 powered.They'll have same spl as mackies.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#363966 - 03/28/13 04:41 PM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I think the big advantage of the Mackies is the built in mixer with effects. No outboard mixer needed. EV's look like they have no mixer onboard. The new Yamaha DLX series is also attractive because the have a three channel mixer with a stereo link jack, very cool. No effects thought. Last I spoke with George Kaye he said a pair of 10"s will blow the room away.

#363972 - 03/29/13 12:04 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Bill... I have 2 of the Yamaha DXR10 speakers. They sound amazing... Just as good if not better than the QSC K10 speakers which cost $150 more per box. Great value and a 7 year warranty to boot. Plus, Yamaha added processing from NEXO which make these speakers shine!!

I was a Mackie guy for many years. I owned 4 SRM450 (Italy and USA models) speakers. Loved them... But Mackie changed quality over the years. I see a lot of Mackie in the repair shops in our area.

The new version of the Mackie, the DLM series, looks cool... Just hope the quality of the parts are better than the "Made In China" SRM stuff!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#363978 - 03/29/13 05:00 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I'll stick with Mackie Speakers/ subs for my needs ...they have NEVER failed me and IMO sound amazing in any situation,...
everything else I've used on stage including Yamaha, Bose, EV, JBL,& more have all come and gone....my ears tell me what's the right choice.

#363981 - 03/29/13 05:49 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
The DLM's do look amazing and I agree with Johnathan. A while back I had a conversation with the tech at my favorite repair shop when I saw a Mackie in for service, Central Jersey Music in Edison. He confirmed things had changed at Mackie. The other tip he gave me was the first generation of the Fender PA's weren't holding up well either.
But Donny I'm still interested in your review so hurry up and get them. HA!
They do take "portable" to whole new level.

#363984 - 03/29/13 06:05 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
The DLM's do look amazing and I agree with Johnathan. A while back I had a conversation with the tech at my favorite repair shop when I saw a Mackie in for service, Central Jersey Music in Edison. He confirmed things had changed at Mackie. The other tip he gave me was the first generation of the Fender PA's weren't holding up well either.
But Donny I'm still interested in your review so hurry up and get them. HA!
They do take "portable" to whole new level.

Bill when I get a chance Fran & myself will enjoy breakfast and go test out the Mackies at Sam Ash or GC somewhere in the future....I would be very surprised if the new DLM series doesn't Amaze!! headphone to be continued.....

#363997 - 03/29/13 07:39 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I have to plug my EV's here- not because I'm selling them, but because i think they are the clearest and lightest around. I always used an outboard mixer/power amp or powered mixer whether as a solo or with the band. I can't go with the idea of set it and forget it powered speakers. If you realize you need to make an adjustment to volume or tone, you can't very well run back and forth from your keyboard to the speakers until you get it right, even though you thought it was right before you started. The EVsb122 sub is smooth as silk, and the zx1's do with 8" what others need 10 or 12 to do. The weight (36lb sub/16 lb satellite, and pole) of the tower is less than that of a bose L1 tower. And the can be carried separately to lighten the load. I use a bag with both zx1's in it and covers for the subs.It requires pole mounting and a jumper cable between both speakers rather than a click of the stick tower stuff, but that is minimal time for maximum profit and quality..the Mackies are very expensive as are the Yamahas. If powered speaker is the way to go, I would do as suggested and look at the new EV zlx line, or current live x/zx lines.

#363999 - 03/29/13 07:48 AM Re: New Mackie DLM Series 2000W Powered Speakers DEMO [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: sparky589
I have to plug my EV's here- not because I'm selling them, but because i think they are the clearest and lightest around. I always used an outboard mixer/power amp or powered mixer whether as a solo or with the band. I can't go with the idea of set it and forget it powered speakers. If you realize you need to make an adjustment to volume or tone, you can't very well run back and forth from your keyboard to the speakers until you get it right, even though you thought it was right before you started. The EVsb122 sub is smooth as silk, and the zx1's do with 8" what others need 10 or 12 to do. The weight (36lb sub/16 lb satellite, and pole) of the tower is less than that of a bose L1 tower. And the can be carried separately to lighten the load. I use a bag with both zx1's in it and covers for the subs.It requires pole mounting and a jumper cable between both speakers rather than a click of the stick tower stuff, but that is minimal time for maximum profit and quality..the Mackies are very expensive as are the Yamahas. If powered speaker is the way to go, I would do as suggested and look at the new EV zlx line, or current live x/zx lines.

Glad you love your EV's but talking favorite speakers is a NO WIN situation everyone loves something else so many to choose from & so personal....bottom line is how does it sound & what do you put thru them in the end is what matters.. headphone

Edited by Dnj (03/29/13 07:49 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online