SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#363820 - 03/26/13 12:13 PM OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
This is Nolan Leite, a 10 year old from Rhode Island ... fortunately, not ALL the kids are playing video games ... he has a number of others on you tube as well ...
rocker guitar

#363896 - 03/27/13 01:37 PM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A good start. Hopefully, someone will show him structure and chords. I would be a shame to see him playing the same three chords 40 years from now.

Russ

#363902 - 03/27/13 02:31 PM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Russ ... he said his goal is to go to college for music and be the best musician he can be ... so I guess he will be playing more than 3 chords ... grin guitar

#363904 - 03/27/13 02:51 PM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony if he is still playing 3 chords when he tries to enter college and can not read charts by that time, he will die playing 3 chords. The fans screaming at these kids performances and making them think they are the greatest holds them back.

When I started back playing I made a visit to New Orleans. My old 60 year old sax buddy was playing live with guitar, bass and drums. For 21 years old the Guitar player scared the crap out of me. I couldn't understand a 21 year old playing the charts and in any key all over the guitar. It wasn't only fast, it was very fast and very melodic.

On the bouncier slow tempos he was doing double time solos like he was 50 years old and had been doing them all his life.

Now he was something to sit and listen to. He said he didn't care for the rock noise scene and that he preferred real music. I'd of love to be able to work with some one like him. It amazing to me having a 21 year old blowing the mind of a 60 year old whose been trying to play somewhat like that all his life.

Every now and then a genius comes along. Of course he wasn't making any money. The greatest never make any money. It's always the most attractive one who can shake the best, most of the time that makes the money. Usually an entertainer not necessarily a musician.

It's like listening to the real pros who don't make any money. You want to take you axe out into the driveway and back over it a few dozen times. So you have to go listen to someone murdering three chord solos to want to keep on trying. Ha ha!

#363905 - 03/27/13 02:51 PM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

That's GREAT!

Russ

#363924 - 03/27/13 08:42 PM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

well, I thought it was pretty cool for a 10 year old kid to be jamming in these clubs in Providence... I also hope he is not still playing just 3 chords 30 to 40 years from now... I just hope I am around in a few years to hear how he has progressed ...

#363940 - 03/28/13 08:00 AM Re: OT: ... the guitar guys will LOVE this ... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Keep us posted when you hear about him again. And, I'm sure you will!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online