SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Topic Options
#363558 - 03/20/13 05:57 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Videos are prepared, airbrushed and angled to present the best possible perception to the end viewer. That is all I will say. The other things you mentioned are already on the BK5 wink...hence this one, by the look of things, and going by the way Roland have released over the past few years....well, it is a pretty safe bet to say it is a bk5 with 76 keys and a couple of other things.

I would suggest that the keybed will not match the G70 ( which by the way is the same one used on the A-70 Controller wink )

#363567 - 03/20/13 07:22 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Score display is a relatively useless feature (it doesn't display very good charts)... .PDF display is FAR more useful. The BK-5 has a rudimentary picture display capability (jpeg only), but the OS can't link pictures to Performances. Plus no page turning, anything like that. It was designed more as a way to display pretty pictures while you play, which simply goes to show how completely out of touch Roland have become with what PLAYERS actually need...

The BK-7m, because of the remote module nature of it, is DESIGNED to be pretty hands-off... hence much of the control goes to an FC-7. But the BK-5 has no problems selecting UPR 1&2 parts... (to be on a par with the G70, it would need a Man Bass, 2 LWR parts and 3 UPR parts... something I doubt it will have).

The BK-5's Mastering Tools look identical to the G70's... It doesn't even have the separate Mastering Tools section for SMF/Style side and Keyboard Parts, which the E80 had.

For the BK-9 to have a significant improvement over the BK-5, it needs a MIDI Recorder and sequencer (currently, there is NO provision for any onboard MIDI recording on any of the BK series), and it needs a TON more buttons. My G70 has 133 buttons, 9 sliders, 7 knobs. The BK-5 has 46 buttons, and one knob. That's a LOT of important functions buried in menus.

The return of the Mark/Jump SMF feature will be important (missing from current BK's), a D-Beam will be needed, and multiple out's (4 for the arranger, and two more for the VH and effects) for it to compare to the G70. And sorry, but unless the screens are touch screens, navigation is FAR more complicated than the G/E series.

A full VK organ section, with live drawbars and proper percussion and foldback for the drawbars will be necessary to match the G70, plus at least one SRX slot... (E80 had 2)

And yes, to my eyes, that keybed looks EXACTLY like the BK-5's, only camera angles and perspective might lead you to think otherwise. I expect the keybed from the Juno Stage will be used. A pale shadow of how good the G70's action is.

One of the things that disappoints me is the dropping of the touch screens. No better way to control a huge variety of functions in a limited amount of space exists, and previously managed to employ them (albeit monochromatically, but color touch-screen prices have tumbled lately) and afford to put them in their affordable E50 and E60. Stepping away from touchscreens is a HUGE step backwards, IMO.

As I said, a MOTL. Still no TOTL...

And yes, got the msg, Dennis. Reply is up.

#363578 - 03/21/13 02:09 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Tonewheeldude Offline

What I don't understand is why did they choose one of the worst samples that Roland have in the sound pallet to introduce them 'back'...the plastic organ sound?

#363584 - 03/21/13 07:10 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
In an effort not to be called as James Cagney quote "You dirty rat"...by my inside contact smile

I was told 2 years ago that Roland's next 76 model would most likely be the Juno Stage keybed...

#363591 - 03/21/13 08:31 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Why not just wait and see....all this rumored speculation means nothing....it wont be long.

#363596 - 03/21/13 09:51 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I wonder how many times Roland can invent the wheel? same ol
too bad, such a good company reputation.

#363597 - 03/21/13 10:13 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Why not just wait and see....all this rumored speculation means nothing....it wont be long.

wink

#363602 - 03/21/13 12:01 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

#363687 - 03/23/13 03:17 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj

This place would be a much quieter one without all the 'rumored speculation'!

#363701 - 03/24/13 09:10 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Got to give it to Roland at least for "secrecy" coffee

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online