SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#363224 - 03/15/13 10:58 AM Is it possible to edit an audio track?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi all,
I have read that AJ in his AJamsonic has edited (mostly truncated) those audio tracks that had faults in either the starting or the ending point and were responsible of "hiccups" or even "freezing" of the Audya.
I have always been a fan of Ketron instruments since they were named Solton and in the past have owned many of them (the last ones were an SD1 and a Midjay). Now I am thinking to purchase an Audya 4, to control with either my Roland G-70 or my Korg-PAX2-Pro but... there is a price factor. I live in Italy, 300 km from the Ketron factory, but even here the Audya 4 sells for 2850 euros; what's more, to get rid of its software problems apparently I should add another 400-500 euros to buy the AJamsonic expansion, not to mention the extra euros I should pay in custom taxes.
I have read what AJ has done with his board and I am not particularly interested in the new samples because I have my own samples to use and on the other hand the new styles don't particularly interest me. But what would be really important is the possibility to edit the audio waves (from both the drum and the guitar tracks), so that their transition is seamless, like AJ did. So I wonder: is there a way to "open" these files (if I am not mistaken they are stored on the hard disk) and edit them with a program like Soundforge? Of course they are not in .wav format, but in another one, maybe exclusive to Ketron.
So, is there a way to "read" them from the hard disk, edit them and then save them again, maybe even like user styles (I don't pretend to replace the internal styles and would be perfectly happy with this possibility, even if it implies having duplicates which would occupy more room on the hard disk).
Thanks in advance

#363225 - 03/15/13 01:04 PM Re: Is it possible to edit an audio track? [Re: Dreamer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
ANDREA !!! ... il mio amico speciale ...it is SO wonderful to see you posting here ... I hope you will not be a stranger ... grin

#363229 - 03/15/13 02:04 PM Re: Is it possible to edit an audio track? [Re: Dreamer]
Dreamer Offline

Hi Tony,
thank you for your warm words of welcome back; I will try not to be a stranger and I really hope that you and Lydia are well... smile

#363235 - 03/15/13 07:26 PM Re: Is it possible to edit an audio track? [Re: Dreamer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Andrea, great to "see" you, Doc!
I had Audya for more than two years, and it never had a hiccup at all. I think AJ's software is great, but the Audya doesn't really NEED it.
DonM

#363252 - 03/15/13 10:30 PM Re: Is it possible to edit an audio track? [Re: Dreamer]
Dreamer Offline

Hi Don,
it's great to hear from you too.
Thanks from the info re. the Audya.
I am currently back to playing music after a hiatus due to health problems (now solved) and, to give me a boost, was thinking to buy a new instrument; the choice is between the Audya 4 and a Kronos 61 and so I am weighing the pros and the cons of the two options. Right now the Kronos is leading the race, but in any case I will wait till the Frankfurt Musik Messe, which opens April 10th, to see what's on the horizon.
Ciao

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online