SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#362791 - 03/09/13 09:49 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony..sequenced overdubs..

The drums are in perfect time 4/4 on all examples.. smile

Maybe the first three beats with the accent on the fourth(snare)..are fooling you..

Edited by Fran Carango (03/09/13 09:53 AM)

#362794 - 03/09/13 10:15 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
yes ... actually, I think it's that little 'hit' just before the 4th beat that kind of throws me off ...
Otherwise, as I said you did a really nice job ...

#362795 - 03/09/13 10:17 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's some pretty nice work fran . There was no problem in the drums in any of the examples but I did prefer the brush drums . Very nice jazz guitar work ! By far this is the best work you have posted since I have been on the synthzone . The organ solos were also pretty outstanding . Your runs were nice and not over done . All I would say is stay out of the higher registers with the sax as that's where the samples start to sound less believable . But in all , you should be very proud of what you just showed us . Well done I really mean that .

Chas needs yo listen to this , I know he would enjoy it

Edited by spalding1968 (03/09/13 10:23 AM)

#362796 - 03/09/13 10:24 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Thanks for your comments..

Here is the tune recorded with a brush kit in Bandstand (Native Instruments)..maybe you can get a different feel with the brush kit Donny smile

http://francarango.homestead.com/our_luv2mp3.mp3

Fran....it's not the sound of the drums it's the Timing of the drums in the mix it just sounds off rhythm to my ears..as if its dragging at a different tempo...?

#362799 - 03/09/13 10:52 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It's not... smile

#362800 - 03/09/13 11:00 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: spalding1968]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968

Chas needs yo listen to this , I know he would enjoy it

Where IS chas ... ??? confused1

#362804 - 03/09/13 11:40 AM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
He was reprimanded for something, as I recall, and most likely decided to stay away, at least for a while.
DonM

#362810 - 03/09/13 01:12 PM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Fran, is this really you playing all those Jazz licks? Really? If so, can you afford to fly me up to your place to play some real live jazz sax with you? If my brother hits the lottery, I'll pay you back a thousand fold.

Maybe you can afford to send your drummer down to play some jazz with me? He's terrific. I suppose the ones who can't feel the laid back jazz drum rhythm are too use to the straight up big band beat and are just too use to the straight ahead on the beat styles, which is fine. However, they are really missing out on a real close true feel of laid back jazz ballads.I worked with drummers who could play this way 40 years ago.

It is not going to please the popping dance crowd on most gigs, but the real hard core jazz crowd will be in the grove man.

If anyone would listen to Dexter Gordon, Coltrane, Rollins play the slow laid back jazz standards from the 40's 50's 60's etc., this is how all the great jazz drummers played.

I simply really dig the drums displayed here. Again, is this really how you play live? I just can't picture you playing this style of music with those girls you carry around. When you play this stuff they must be boarded to death like many of the three chord members on this forum will be. Lol.

Sincerely with deep appreciation, your new admirer,
Boo Hargis
PS my friend Jack who I bought my i30 from in Sun City Arizona who now has moved back to Chicago can really get down on some of the stuff (LICKS) your doing here like when we played "Darn That Dream," "Body And Soul," and all that good stuff. Man he could make me play three times better than I'm really capable of playing. Ha ha! It's not the keyboard, it's the drummer. I mean the keyboardist. It's possible we have more gear hogs here than players and that is the reason for much of the discontent in some of these discussions, eh?

Edited by brickboo (03/09/13 01:16 PM)

#362813 - 03/09/13 02:20 PM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

I have been listening to jazz, both live and recorded, since I was in my early teens... I have to say that I don't ever recall hearing a drummer play quite the pattern that the drum kit in the first post is playing.but like many others I am absolutely impressed with Fran's playing on these recordings.

#362814 - 03/09/13 02:46 PM Re: Why I am still happy with the G70 [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas just sent me a photo of his BRAND NEW KeyB Dou MK11.

What a beauty! Already has the Leslie switch attached and is now juggling TWO double manual Nords in addition to this monster.

I think this one is intended for the front room, one Nord will be in the studio and the other will stay in a club. He has been thinking of playing with an Allman Brothers type band...I know, not his type of music (mine neither), but a bunch of good dudes
and they work regularly. They need thoss B-3 chords held full measure under the changes.

He's very busy on his charity projects, being a great grandpa and playing with new toys.

Hopefully, he's just taking a break. He, Taike and I keep in touch regularly.

It's no surprise, he's one of my all-time favorites here.

Russ

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online