SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#362940 - 03/12/13 06:22 AM Hi Guy`s , It`s Been A While !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Everyone !

I need some sales advice and I know that this is the only place to get it !! laugh

My dad will be turning 99 in a couple of months , and even though he has a Hammond ( non tone wheel eek ) , he really never knew much about music , he would just bang around on it and played by ear mostly ( nothing wrong with that _BTW_ ) , but to be honest he does not know a triad from an inverted triad. , but he does have a slight interest to learn more chords.

Anyway , the very old Hammond I fear as seen and heard it better days , and I`m getting out old for a rebuild/restore , plus he has interest in getting just a keyboard ( arranger ).

So , ( I hope Frank reads this ) I am looking into buy him a "learning/teaching" arranger , you know , the ones that can help him find the right chords and melody , most arrangers do that anyway.

However I don`t want to break the bank , as it were , because I know it will not get played much. I could give him my Prelude ( wait !! what am I saying , that thing is a classic ) , but I still play it.

So I am looking for a loud cheap arranger for my dad !

There it is guy`s , help me find a keyboard !! smile

Later laugh

Gary 

#362941 - 03/12/13 07:15 AM Re: Hi Guy`s , It`s Been A While ! [Re: jedi]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WAIT ?!?!? ... Did you say he will be turning 99 years old - make that YOUNG!!! - and he wants a new keyboard? ... where do I sign up for that ... God bless him !!! and YOU for seeing after his wants and needs ...
Best of luck in your search...

#362965 - 03/12/13 12:03 PM Re: Hi Guy`s , It`s Been A While ! [Re: jedi]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Tony ,

Yup 99 and he is still going strong , he does not drive anymore , but other than that , he does everything.

He takes care of his own cooking and laundry needs , does his own shopping , ( that`s when I get to play chauffeur ).

Heck , he even goes out on lunch`n and dinner dates , with some of his " girl friends " ( school teachers ) he has known from being a school crossing guard for twenty years ( that was after he retired from head of security for BAE Systems / NH office , as well as a part-time cop ) .

I think he would still be working part time and driving , but after having an aortic valve replacement and double by-pass 4 years ago , it kind of slowed him down , just a little !! LOL

Some days , I think he has more energy than me !!

Although my mom died back in 05 , I am blessed to still have a dad that is reasonable healthy , at least for a 99 years young!

Thanks , take care smile

Gary

Edited by jedi (03/12/13 12:05 PM)
Edit Reason: Needed to add a word.

#362971 - 03/12/13 12:51 PM Re: Hi Guy`s , It`s Been A While ! [Re: jedi]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, you're a Saint, in my eyes. I serve on the board of a group that advocates for nursing home reform, and was long-time caregiver for my father-in-law. I'm currently the legal guardian of the widow of a music associate who passed away in 2007.

The biggest shame I see is family members who just ignore their elders.

Your dad is a lucky guy!

Best wishes,

Russ

#362992 - 03/12/13 05:52 PM Re: Hi Guy`s , It`s Been A While ! [Re: jedi]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: jedi
Hi Tony ,

Yup 99 and he is still going strong , he does not drive anymore , but other than that , he does everything.

He takes care of his own cooking and laundry needs , does his own shopping , ( that`s when I get to play chauffeur ).

Heck , he even goes out on lunch`n and dinner dates , with some of his " girl friends " ( school teachers ) he has known from being a school crossing guard for twenty years ( that was after he retired from head of security for BAE Systems / NH office , as well as a part-time cop ) .

I think he would still be working part time and driving , but after having an aortic valve replacement and double by-pass 4 years ago , it kind of slowed him down , just a little !! LOL

Some days , I think he has more energy than me !!

Although my mom died back in 05 , I am blessed to still have a dad that is reasonable healthy , at least for a 99 years young!

Thanks , take care smile

Gary

Russ said your dad is a lucky guy ... I know where he is coming from, but I say you are BOTH lucky ... my father passed away when he was 65 and I was 37 ... I realized just how young he was when I turned 65 ...

God Bless you both ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online