SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#362694 - 03/07/13 12:23 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You might want to take a look at this... http://www.korg.com/KingKORG

Seems pretty capable.

#362696 - 03/07/13 01:33 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Thank You for all of the suggestions, I really do appreciate it very much. Actually I have a Mac, since my last PC got a virus. Plus it was four years old. So before I got rid of it, I ripped out the hard drive, and now it sits on a shelf. I really do love my Mac. To bad there is not more free software for it.

Diki: Thank you for the link. The King Korg is a cool synth, but it may be out of my price range.

Paul

#362735 - 03/08/13 09:22 AM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Everyone knows I have a love/hate relationship with arrangers.

They're GREAT for quick roughs for clients (sound scores, mainly).

And, they are really great for jobs where you need a little more than just a keyboard.

The challenge is to use them as tools, not crutches.

Russ

#363403 - 03/18/13 06:36 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: captain Russ]

Like the Queen song. I want it all!

#363406 - 03/18/13 07:01 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: Joesax]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow – You said that you want instant success – which you hate, or do not want to work at it that, hard; and then your list of keyboards and the ones you try to create with are mostly synths. Your mind is mixed up, sorry. You want column A and you have been selection form the wrong column.

You also add that you cannot play?????? Everyone can play but sounding good is another question. For years my answer to sounding good was; “Who cares as long as you are enjoying it”.

My friend block out what the world is telling you and start enjoying your life. AND put your judging, as in judging yourself in a box and throw it in the closet. As in most cases, we are our WORST ENEMY.

IMHO, John C.

#363407 - 03/18/13 07:19 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You!

#363413 - 03/19/13 02:19 AM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
"...I no am not a player, and never will be. I am not looking to want to learn to play, and that just fine.
I love listening to good music, that someone else wrote, and I love synths. Just never really had the desire to want to play. If that's wrong then I don't want to be a part of anything.."

I stumbled upon this thread by accident. I do not understand your posting and do not even understand all the (well-meant) answers. Just buy yourself a collection of CDs with synthsound and synthesizer music. Really I can not even begin to imagine why you posted here. It will no doubt sound harsh but I mean no offence. I have rarely ( if ever) been as puzzled by any posting overhere as by yours.

Regards,
John

#363414 - 03/19/13 03:16 AM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Trying to figure me out would take too long. There is nothing to understand.

#363435 - 03/19/13 12:30 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There's a ton of fun to be had just playing synthesizers. Twiddling the knobs, moving the sliders, letting open, ambient soundscapes evolve...

But it's not making MUSIC... It is playing around with one component of it. Most of us here are interested in a keyboard that can help us make a completed song, whether live or at home. Drums, bassline, some rhythm stuff, and OS features that allow us to string a bunch of these together to form a complete piece of music.

Analog doesn't seem to be that concerned with this, so I'd say that an arranger isn't what you are looking for.

I might, if your budget doesn't run to the new King Korg, I'd look around for a used Karma. Pretty decent synth section, and some interactive arpeggiation stuff, that can give you a taste of playing with a fuller piece, without going too far down memory lane (which is what arrangers are mostly about! Synth stuff is hardly their forte).

Or simply stick with what you have, and save for another year or two and get a used Kronos (when they start to hit the market).

Hope this helps.

#363460 - 03/19/13 04:06 PM Re: Benefits of owning an arranger keyboard? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You Diki. Arrangers are nice, but they are more expensive then what I was figuring on. I was also looking at home keyboards as well, but I am not too sure? The Karma does look nice though.

Paul

Edited by analogcontrolfreak (03/19/13 04:07 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online