SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#362642 - 03/06/13 08:57 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Dnj
As a songwriter IMO would only needs a piano or guitar that would be sufficient to write songs on a basic level scratchpad,....and let all the rest of the magic happen in the studio with singers and some good musicians.

And where does one get the $'s to pay for such talent and studio time wink

#362643 - 03/06/13 09:03 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Dnj
As a songwriter IMO would only needs a piano or guitar that would be sufficient to write songs on a basic level scratchpad,....and let all the rest of the magic happen in the studio with singers and some good musicians.

And where does one get the $'s to pay for such talent and studio time wink

Most stuff "recorded at home" wont be commercially ready, if and when someone signs you to a deal for that song money will be no object if it's worthy to make them and yourself a nice profit. Many hit Songs have been written on toilet paper wink FIRST before they make their possible journey to Hits-ville afterwards in a studio before a Master cut..

#362644 - 03/06/13 09:20 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hmmm the old toilet paper anecdote (you perhaps would be surprised at how untrue that hoary chestnut is wink )....

I know of LOTS of "home recordings" that in my view are BETTER than current studio recordings...

There are many MANY excellent examples of self-produced music online...anyone with a modicum of "ear" talent, can produce quality music on home systems....

#362753 - 03/08/13 03:43 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Donnie & Miden:

I record every song I write... jot it down in the PC for a Lyric and chord sheet... then record it on whatever I have available... usually a Yammie Keyboard. No, I'll never lay claim to having a desire to be a rockstar. Many songwriters are only into songwriting... me included. I only need something to show a budding artist, a producer or another publisher what the song sounds like when sung by an old geezer. Heck, if someone cuts the song, they're gonna add their own personal touch and playing/singing style to the thing. That's show biz. I'm only in it for the money. (LOL!)

There must be 50,000 songwriters in the U.S. alone! Lots of competition and most of the big stars are creating their own material. Oh well, it beats digging ditches.

All the best,

Dave Rice

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online