SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#362536 - 03/03/13 07:18 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Dan how did you work around the lack of a retrigger parameter? For a long time Yamaha and Korg have had a style parameter that determines what happens to sustained notes (pads, strings, etc.) when a chord is released and a new chord specified during a measure. Roland lacks this parameter, and I've found it to be a serious barrier when translating Yamaha styles to Roland using StyleWorks and other techniques.

#362538 - 03/03/13 07:41 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There were THREE buttons for the Chord Sequencer on the G1000.

REC, PLAY, STOP.

#362549 - 03/04/13 03:53 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: Diki]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Diki, I just read again the G1000's manual, and there is only 2 buttons for the chords sequencer.
One called REC/STOP and one called PLAY/STOP
I will do the same.

TedS, About the retriggering on Roland styles, I have found a solution, but I can't tell much about it...

I am now working on the BK-7m styles. They are playing quite good with vArranger and any sound module. I really like them !

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#362556 - 03/04/13 09:36 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Good news on the BK7 styles Dan...imo they are the best group of factory styles Roland has released.

Dennis

#362567 - 03/04/13 11:26 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wow! Yes, I am completely wrong...! It's been quite a few years!

The thing that confused me was the Play/Stop and the Rec/Stop. BOTH buttons had a dual function!

The Roland's also suffered from one fatal flaw, which I hope won't make it to your GUI... Roland put the buttons for the CS WAY up at the top left of the arranger, well away from the keyboard, making it quite a stretch to get to them while playing busily. Wherever you place the buttons on screen for this (are you making this touch screen friendly?), they need to be something you can get to easily and not accidentally hit anything else while playing. No doubt you'll be able to set up MIDI commands for it, so those with a dedicated controller can choose their own setup for it, though.

Might I also suggest that, while the CS is in record, the button for 'Rec' flashes red, and when it is playing, the button for 'Play' flashes green (in time with the tempo!). Having visual confirmation that those functions are working properly will be VERY handy...

And, while we are on the BK...

While BK styles are playing well on OTHER sound sources, of course I am more interested in how well OTHER styles are working on the BK..! Particularly Yamaha's guitar parts and Korg's too.

#362572 - 03/04/13 11:51 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Diki, vA is VERY touch screen friendly smile everything is available by touch only, no mouse or keyboard...However, laugh there is always something!!

On anything less than around a 12" screen touch gets a bit "tight" and a bit hit and miss as the size of the on screen tabs an buttons gets rather small.

It is already on the wishlist/to do list for Dan, and we think at some stage, he MAY look at some way to allow larger screen tabs for some of the essentials, like variation jumps, midi markers, fills endings etc...

It is not high on the priority list for him afaik, as he is about to release a brand new "live" setlist tool...and then an in-built editor....but I think he has taken it under consideration smile

Dennis

#362577 - 03/04/13 03:06 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Guys:

In all this conversation plus the video... nobody has said "diddly" about cost. I know all you performers are into the big bucks and cost is not a factor... but songwriters are starving to death. (Well, nearly! LOL) This looks like it might be a great tool but I need to know real-time cost, whether or not it will work with a Yamaha PSR-S910 and how or where it can be obtained using cold hard cash.

Thanks for all the help and levity you guys provide. I lurk alot 'cause my time is so dang limited. Doing my best to reach 1000 songs before I croak.

Dave Rice

#362579 - 03/04/13 03:12 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Riceroni9
Hi Guys:

In all this conversation plus the video... nobody has said "diddly" about cost. I know all you performers are into the big bucks and cost is not a factor... but songwriters are starving to death. (Well, nearly! LOL) This looks like it might be a great tool but I need to know real-time cost, whether or not it will work with a Yamaha PSR-S910 and how or where it can be obtained using cold hard cash.

Thanks for all the help and levity you guys provide. I lurk alot 'cause my time is so dang limited. Doing my best to reach 1000 songs before I croak.

Dave Rice

http://www.varranger.com/

vArranger software - 1 licencevArranger software -
1 licence €349.00
Item price: €349.00
Quantity: 1

Total €349.00 EUR

#362581 - 03/04/13 03:31 PM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

+ Lifetime upgrades (I have already had 4 that I can think of) and one of the hardest working and most approachable software designers I have ever come across, if not THE most!!

Quite a few of the improvements have come directly from the userbase. Dan goes out of his way to analyse a request to see if it can be done, and then if possible does his utmost to fit it in. Sometimes it can take a while, but it DOES get done.

On top of all that, his support for new users is superb, and every one gets treated equally.

Tell me where you find that with anything else?

Sometimes money does not really make the final decision....

Dennis

#362601 - 03/05/13 02:12 AM Re: Convert midifile to style in one click [Re: miden]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Diki, I have not decoded the Korg format yet, but I will do it later. Only, Ketron, Yamaha, and Roland.

Yamaha styles will play quite good on the BK-7M.
I will record some demos of Tyros styles on my BK-5 for you and TedS.

Thank you Dennis for your good words about me and vArranger.

The best ideas in vArranger are coming from the users !
I take the time to understand the need and to create the best software that I can !

The price is quite high for a software, but I did the choice to have less users and be able to give time to directly help everyone + offer free lifetime updates. I know, it's unusual in the business world smile

By the way, The best is still to come !

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online