SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#362279 - 02/27/13 08:33 AM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well the style parts are written for the appropriate instruments. I can see why a part written for a guitar or flute or accordion might not sound right when played by a piano!
You can totally rewrite style parts in the Style Creator.
DonM

#362281 - 02/27/13 09:19 AM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi John

Sounds like a Mega voice (Which Korgs don’t have) which reacts in particular ways with additional notes in the style, thus if you use a non-Mega Voice all sorts of weird things can start to happen unless you delete these extra notes in the style.

Hope this helps

Bill

#362282 - 02/27/13 09:24 AM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Why not just re-record the style part and replace the original with the new one exactly as needed....all the tools are in the KB to do this.

Secondly why do people want to always shy away, associate yourself, or being proud of from what an arranger keyboard is supposed to do? ......."Sound Like a full band BY Yourself"
You only fooling yourself if you think otherwise or that the audience doesn't know what you doing.b the mere fact alone that you are pressing keys to create sounds other then a piano, organ, etc is more then enough evidence to anyone listening or watching that it's all automated in some way.

#362283 - 02/27/13 09:30 AM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Yeah, the vast majority don't care, and those that are interested are always intrigued when they stop by afterwards and you give them a quick tour around the keyboard. They're fascinated/gobsmacked by what you've been up to for the last hour or more.

#362286 - 02/27/13 11:37 AM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
124, you're right about that. I've had people look at the arranger keyboard and said it had more buttons than the cockpit of a 747. Those that are interested are absolutely fascinated by what you can do with the arranger keyboard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#362289 - 02/27/13 01:49 PM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I leave everything in. I'm with Donny on this one, I want everything the keyboard has and then I still fill with my right hand. I waited too many years to play with a big band. Now I have one and I don't have to keep up the payroll. There are certain songs that for effect I'll just play piano or guitar but for the most part, I want it full and up front.

Joe

keys

#362290 - 02/27/13 02:19 PM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
That may be so Donny and Joe et al, but at the gigs we play here, if punters see a solo with all that "fluff" as one so aptly put it going on, they turn and go back out the same door!! They want to hear the person, good or bad, not the machine!

Not that I like the fluff anyway -never have -, even if the audience didn't care...I care about what I am doing, plus playing more parts makes it much more fun smile

D

#362294 - 02/27/13 04:04 PM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Dennis, whether or not the audience cares has no bearing on what we care about. I'm pretty sure that every man Jack on here cares very much about what he's doing. I know I do. It's caring that's kept us in the game all these years.

#362295 - 02/27/13 04:17 PM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: 124]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: 124
Dennis, whether or not the audience cares has no bearing on what we care about. I'm pretty sure that every man Jack on here cares very much about what he's doing. I know I do. It's caring that's kept us in the game all these years.

No need for defence mode 124, I never said any different wink the italics were for emphasis in regards to the audience not other forum members..

#362296 - 02/27/13 05:22 PM Re: How Much do you STRIP Down your Styles & Why? [Re: miden]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: 124

No need for defence mode 124, I never said any different wink the italics were for emphasis in regards to the audience not other forum members..

Yeah, no biggie, Dennis. I could've suffixed my post with " just saying". Cheers!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online