SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360804 - 02/08/13 01:07 PM PA600 question ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I like to play the song "Green Dolphin Street" which starts in a Latin style and in the bridge goes to a swing style ... on my technics kn6000 I was able to do this using Panel Memory buttons ... is there a way to do this on the PA600?

#360825 - 02/08/13 04:55 PM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Tony, first I need to say I have no suitable answer. I ran into the same issue moving from the KN7000 to the PA3X. I found that I could use multiple performances or Song Book entries for the same song with the PA3X and increment performances to get a different style in the middle of a song, but I never was completely satisfied with the result.

It is certainly a let down moving from Technics to Korg. I finally decided the PA3X was not for me. I am back to the KN7000's and the Roland BK5 (which is not as versatile as the Korg). I hope you have better luck.

#360828 - 02/08/13 07:40 PM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Tony see http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72514&highlight=style+copy for a way to copy elements of styles from one to the other. You can mix styles creating a new style but you are still left with only four STS variations.

#360860 - 02/09/13 07:08 AM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... on my technics kn6000 I was able to do this using Panel Memory buttons ...

Panel Memory at the KN's is just brilliant. In expanded mode even more usable.
Why other manufacturers don't adapt / steal this way to make things easy for the users (as well as the Composer feature) I really don't understand.

Btw,
just bought a MicroArranger at local eBay, just to learn a bit about Korg before buy any other model.
Also I think it will be nice to have in the MotorHome due to small size and low weight.
Hope to have it here before next weekend. smile

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#361306 - 02/13/13 06:06 PM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bob ... thank you for that info ... I actually got some written instructions from another KORG user and it is simple and works well ...
I am still learning my way around the PA600 - the 3x little brother -
It is really a big change from my technics kn6000, - I haven't had a new kb in over 12 years - ... but there are some nice styles and I am enjoying the difference ... there are some kn styles I wish I had on the KORG ...

Gunnar ... good luck with your new board .. I hope you really enjoy it ...

I am still amazed at how far 'ahead of the curve' technics was ...

#361503 - 02/16/13 04:00 PM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: tony mads usa]

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Gunnar ... good luck with your new board .. I hope you really enjoy it ...

Got it, and already enjoy it.
Thought it would be a challenge to adapt to the "tiny keys" and OS, but no problem so far.
Easy to figure out how to play as is, a cuple of minutes and by read the Quick Guide did the trick.
Also a lot of lovely styles and when connected to the PA or a Koss headset it sounds great.
Now I can start imagine how the "Big Brother" PA's will be compared to this little goodie.
I think I did a nice deal, great value and a lot of fun for a low cost. smile

keys

Cheers and Happy Playing.
GJ

#361508 - 02/16/13 06:15 PM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bob Hendershot Offline

I've got one too, Gunnar. Have it midied to my Roland AT350C Combo organ. Lots of good voices and styles. But I still play the KN7000 most often.

#361517 - 02/17/13 12:49 AM Re: PA600 question ... [Re: Bob Hendershot]

Hi Bob.

It's a nice little thing, and I'm going to have it on top of G-70 who still are my main keyboard.
I guess this will be my entry to the TOTL Korg arrangers, but will wait till Frankfurt Musikmesse to see what / if any news before I deside what to do.
Anyway, this time I won't do the same fault as last time and sell any kb.
Regret very much that I sold Technics and SD-1 while waiting for the Audya that I never bought.
If a KN in good condition pops up, I'll maybe grab it. Too much Technics stuff around here who needs to be used.

Anyway, the KMA are going to travel around with us in the MotorHome.
And it can be powered directly by plug into the 12V. Great. smile

Cheers
GJ

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online