SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#361096 - 02/11/13 02:54 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can't honestly agree with the 'clunky' nature of footpedals. You have to use THREE of them just to play a piano..! And don't get me started about the 24 of them (and a swell pedal) lurking under a B3..!

And, if the things you go through in arranger mode end up with you being able to do the song the same as the SMF (but with all the extra control and options that arranger mode allows), what's the difference..?

Perhaps you are basing it being 'clunky' because you haven't tried some of these workarounds? As I said originally, trying to pull off a mid-song pause without this tip IS a nightmare of button pushes and playing. Clunky as hell! But program this, and it's a piece of cake.

#361098 - 02/11/13 02:59 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I can't honestly agree with the 'clunky' nature of footpedals. You have to use THREE of them just to play a piano..! And don't get me started about the 24 of them (and a swell pedal) lurking under a B3..!

And, if the things you go through in arranger mode end up with you being able to do the song the same as the SMF (but with all the extra control and options that arranger mode allows), what's the difference..?

Perhaps you are basing it being 'clunky' because you haven't tried some of these workarounds? As I said originally, trying to pull off a mid-song pause without this tip IS a nightmare of button pushes and playing. Clunky as hell! But program this, and it's a piece of cake.

Let's also throw in Lead singing the song while playing also, being a back up player is a bit different....
we all play different, I'm just not a pedal guy never was....

#361101 - 02/11/13 03:27 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I sure wish I could have at least three pedals available for the 950. I have looked at foot controllers, but the only one I know will work is Yamaha's, and it is too big, heavy and expensive.
I could get by with just three pedals if needed, but two is not quite enough since I got spoiled by Roland and Korg.
DonM

#361102 - 02/11/13 03:28 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I perform several songs with mid song breaks, Run Around Sue, Margarettaville, and others. Some, such as Old Time Rock $ Roll, Hot Hot Hot, etc...,have a segment where nothing other than the drums are playing, while you continue to sing. The style's default break usually works fine for the first group, while the second group merely requires hitting a single button, the Accompaniment On/Off. The secret is to hit this button twice. Then, when you want to get out of that mode, hit a fill and press a chord with your left hand. Piece of cake.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#361105 - 02/11/13 03:33 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

. . . or just hit 3 adjacent notes and everything stops but drums.
But you have to be playing in fingered chord mode, not single finger.
DonM

#361106 - 02/11/13 03:34 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Can't do it in multi-finger either.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#361107 - 02/11/13 03:34 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Learn the chords!!
smile
DonM

#361124 - 02/11/13 05:33 PM Re: Endings as mid-song pauses... [Re: DonM]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
All THREE of them?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry