SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#360933 - 02/10/13 06:10 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
billyhank Offline

I love my Ipad, but how in the h--- do you transfer files from the PC to the Ipad and the other way too???

Bill G

#360936 - 02/10/13 06:24 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

I am still very hesitant on purchasing an Ipad as I am a PC lap top kind of guy and don't see what benefits the iPad gives me that I cant do with my laptop at this time? especially on stage....also my cell Phone is Android powered.......
I did have the iPhone 4S but after a few months sold it also & went back to my Android smart phone. I wish someone would enlighten me unless I'm missing something? I'm just not convinced with the iPad/Mac products so far,......90% of my friends don't own Apple products also....there must be a reason?
Maybe in 10 years things will change.

#360948 - 02/10/13 07:13 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: BBBB]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: BBBB
Donny:
It's all about portability with the Ipad. Most users are using it for email and surfing the net and now as ebook reader. You are correct in that for your needs there is nothing that you can do with an IPad or any other IOS or Android device that you could not do with a laptop (in my opinion). Hey, I don't work for Apple! I switched to a Macbook Pro in 2007 when someone showed me that Macs had the Intel chip and could run Windows applications. When my my main PC fried I got the IMac 27inch for heavy duty work. Still use that Macbook Pro but not as much as I used to. I have Windows XP Pro with Office on that machine and use it primarily for back up. I can sit in my living room with my IPad and control my TV with the darn thing! My wife just got the mini instead of KOBO and she just loves it! If I feel like Skyping someone I don't leave my chair to file up a desktop or laptop. Do the research as you always say do what works for you. Enjoy your tech!

Cheers!
Brian

Brian thanx for the opinions,.....I guess for "on the go" my Android Smart phone does it all for my needs,.......
check emails, text, internet, Facebook, Gps, games, Skype, etc, etc, but oin stage always my Lenovo Pc Notebook. The fact that Mac can run Pc programs intrigues me also that's a nice feature.

#360962 - 02/10/13 09:31 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
FWIW, I also am using a Galaxy Note II smart phone that runs Android and has a 5.5 inch screen very cool device and would not go back to an iPhone as this point. I love Apple products but this Andorid has it's pluses.

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/10/13 09:59 AM)

#360964 - 02/10/13 10:28 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: Stephenm52]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
FWIW, I also am using a Galaxy Note II smart phone that runs Android and has a 5.5 inch screen very cool device and would not go back to an iPhone as this point. I love Apple products but this Andorid has it's pluses.

I love the idea of having a large screen but it seems that would be a ridiculous size to carry in my jeans pocket. And I am usually in jeans. What about the size? Do you think your phone is superior to iPhone5?

#360966 - 02/10/13 10:34 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
For years I avoided Apple because of the inability to run music apps I was used to and price.

I have had laptops, netbooks, and Musicpad Pro for leadsheets and audio backing tracks.

The MPP was good for lyrics, but heavy and clunky. The netbooks didn't have the audio quality of my ipad, the lyrics were too small, and I didn't like the looks of a clunky laptop between me and my audience.

My ipad is on an adapter threaded onto an Onstage mini boom attached to my stand. It swings and swivels to any position. I choose to sit high, and the audience barely sees it.

I use Unrealbook for leadsheets, and I can switch immediately to Karaoke Anywhere for the vocals I do from audio.

I consider myself very frugal as far as the price I pay for something. In this case, it pays to get the best, which is ipad.

Edited by Bernie9 (02/10/13 10:36 AM)

#360975 - 02/10/13 12:23 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

I love the idea of having a large screen but it seems that would be a ridiculous size to carry in my jeans pocket. And I am usually in jeans. What about the size? Do you think your phone is superior to iPhone5?

Bill, I picked up the Note II knowing that if I didn't work out Verizon has a 14 day return policy and I could go back to my iPhone 4s. I thought phone could be too big for the pockets in jeans. I knew the casual pants I wear at work would be fine. No problem at all fitting in the jeans pocket. It's great with a large screen, the iPhone now seems like a dwarf in comparison.

check this you tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDBBU_r3MM

No I don't think it's one is superior to the other, I got tired of the same OS after having an iPhone for 3 years, I wanted a change. My wife wouldn't switch to Android if I gave her money to switch, she likes the iPhones ease of use, it is more user friendly than Android. They are both great devices, just personal preference at this point.

Bernie, very well said!

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/10/13 12:24 PM)

#360979 - 02/10/13 12:37 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Apps... what matters other than that?

What's the point of putting down a closed system, when it has the most content? If being 'open' resulted in a vast superiority in available, high quality music apps, then it would be an advantage. But when it isn't, where's the advantage?

#360984 - 02/10/13 01:29 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm old fashioned - I still use a netbook PC, 9-inch screen. It does everything, and I don't have to squint to read the lyrics and tabs. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#360988 - 02/10/13 01:52 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I'm old fashioned - I still use a netbook PC, 9-inch screen. It does everything, and I don't have to squint to read the lyrics and tabs. wink

Gary cool

clap

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online