SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#360930 - 02/10/13 04:20 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Bill, yes both settings are as you mentioned. If it happens the pedal does not react at all and the volume is very loud. I have moved the pedal one time it is o.k. and remains o.k. untill I load a other sequence song, but not with every sequence song.
Bert

#360931 - 02/10/13 04:33 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
OK Bert - when you have time, email me one of the songs which shows the effect and I'll have a look at it. Or, is it one of my sequences ?????

#360956 - 02/10/13 08:06 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Hi Bill,
Please check your mail
Bert

#361159 - 02/12/13 08:12 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

The problem is not related to sequncer songs because the problem also occurs immediatly after swiching on the keyboard. I always have to press the pedal one time after switching on the keyboard or loading a song. If I do not, the volume will be as set by main volume, independant of position of pedal.
It even is not related to a possible wrong value of the potentiometer: I simulated the original resistance value of the Technics expression pedal (20kOhm) by connecting a 22kOhm resistor between tip and sleeve of the jack and by shortcutting tip and ring of the jack, thus simulating a non- pressed pedal. The volume should be zero after switching on but it isn't, the volume is as set by main volume.
I like to know if this also happens with the original expression pedal and if not what could be the cause?
BTW: I assume that if pedal is connected the function of main volume control is to limit the range of pedal. Is this correct?
Bert

#361314 - 02/13/13 11:44 PM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello,

the problem is known. One possible solution:

Volume control with pedal

with the volume when the midi is such a thing.

When recording a sequence not a volume pedal is used at the beginning of a general volume command is written. Is also connected when playing no volume pedal, this becomes no more, because now the overall volume based on the position of the volume control of the instrument. However, a pedal connected then the current position is ignored and chosen instead the volume level of the sequencer (127).
To avoid this, you would have to delete the volume command.
It is located on the control track.
Press the button and select Step Sequencer-Rec.
Activate now confirm the control track (CTL) (usually in lane 8) and press OK.
Move the cursor to the first asterisk, which are now visible on the display. If the message in the information bar appears Control Exp = 127, delete this command with the DEL (Delete) on the edge of the display.
Leave the area by pressing the Sequencer Sequencer button and save the altered sequence from new. Reloading will notice that the volume increase is omitted at the beginning.

Edited by HarryG (02/13/13 11:53 PM)

#361322 - 02/14/13 02:53 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Harry,
Thanks for your input but as mentioned in my previous post, to my opinion the problem is not related to sequencer songs as it also happens immediatly after switching on the keyboard and no sequence loaded.
Anyway I will test your suggestion later because I am going for a weeks vacation now.
Bert

#362089 - 02/24/13 10:46 AM Re: Volume pedal [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Harry,
You are correct. I checked a sequencer song that had the problem of the volume pedal and found the volume command. I removed the volume command and the problem was solved for that particular song. I will follow this procedure for my favourite songs.
The remaining problem now is that the problem occurs everytime I switch on the keyboard. For normal operation the main volume is set for maximum output and output is controlled by the pedal. If the pedal is not touched after switch on the volume is at maximum, independant of the position of the pedal. This means that I must not forget to touch the pedal before I touch a key. I assume this is not normal and I would like to solve this. Any ideas?
Bert

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online