SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360502 - 02/06/13 01:54 AM zoom drum/bass machine.
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Well, finally after reading manuals for two weeks, I have changed from the audya to the pa3x as my next KB update. I'm keeping the psr710 mainly because I would lose too much after just 9 months. Besides, It is a nice KB and works well.
My question concerns a zoom rts323 player that I have and not used. Can I somehow transfer the drum and bass to the pa3x? do I have to do it thru a software prog or straight into the korg.
It has midi in/out of course. If anyone has used this equipment and can advise me, I would be grateful for the advice.Thanks.
baz

#360832 - 02/08/13 08:15 PM Re: zoom drum/bass machine. [Re: baz66]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If that Zoom is a drum machine, there is no way to transfer beats. You "may" be able to copy midi files from that machine and write your own drum patterns in the Korg, but I know of no software that will transfer patterns from one dedicated machine to another

#360921 - 02/09/13 10:12 PM Re: zoom drum/bass machine. [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Thank you Dave.
I'm going to sell it and I thought I should get the drum tracks off it first.
I might just hook it up and put it all into cakewalk.
Can't hurt can it!!
baz

#361236 - 02/12/13 04:53 PM Re: zoom drum/bass machine. [Re: baz66]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey Baz, if you can record the midi data for the drum patterns into cakewalk, you can worlk with them later on, and maybe get them into the Korg that way. I just know you can't do a direct pattern transfer.
Good Luck!

#361505 - 02/16/13 06:03 PM Re: zoom drum/bass machine. [Re: Uncle Dave]
baz66 Offline

Dave.
I,ve just bought powertracks pro so I will try to work with it.
It would be a shame to lose all the great rhythms it has got before I sell it.
baz

#361748 - 02/18/13 09:32 PM Re: zoom drum/bass machine. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hey Baz, if you can record the midi data for the drum patterns into cakewalk, you can worlk with them later on, and maybe get them into the Korg that way. I just know you can't do a direct pattern transfer.
Good Luck!

Yes Dave that is a good way to go, recording the midi data into a sequencer. But recording the audio makes sense too though the midi data is more flexible to work with.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online