SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#360487 - 02/05/13 08:51 PM Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The new Yamaha stage pas 400 arrived today. First I'm going to copy a quote from Yamaha's website giving a quick rundown and then I'll post my thoughts.

"The new STAGEPAS features two sleek, lightweight speakers and a detachable powered mixer, along with one pair of speaker cables and a power cord, giving you a complete, extremely portable sound solution that can be set up quickly and easily in a variety of configurations and environments. By combining new high-efficiency amplifiers, newly designed speakers, and high performance DSP, the new STAGEPAS delivers a significant increase in power output (400W for the 400i and 680W for the 600i) as well as substantial improvements in sound quality and reliability. Complementing the boost in performance, the addition of iPod/ iPhone connectivity, SPX digital reverbs, an onboard feedback suppressor and more versatile EQ, has improved functionality and ease of use considerably, allowing STAGEPAS to meet the demands of a much wider range of applications and users. "

There are many things to like that Yamaha upgraded on this new systtem. First, it sounds and looks amazing. Quality sound and a big increase in volume over the last generation. I really like that now there is real Reverb (several to choose from) and Echo. There is a master EQ knob that if you turn it fully clockwise it adds a very substantial bass boost. Yamaha has included a USB port to plug in an iPhone, iPad or iPod which will also power your i device. There is a subwoofer output jack and when connected it provides highs automatically to the 2 main speakers and bass signal to the sub.
I like that Yamaha now has an integrated speaker stand mount rather than having to attach a plastic adapter via 2 screws in the old stagepas. I also like that you no longer need a quarter or screwdriver to remove the powered mixer from one of the speakers. Now there is a lever you just push and it comes out easily. Also, after attaching the speaker to a speaker stand there is a lever on each speaker which you just push down on and your speaker is securely locked on the stand.
There are 4 XLR mic inputs and 2 stereo sets of jacks including 1/4" and RCA. You can also select either stereo or mono on these two sets of jacks which would be beneficial when playing for an audience and stereo imaging was not wanted.
At the NAMM show it was explained to me that in the stagepas300 and 500, Yamaha didn't manufacture all of this system in house but with the new 400i and 600i systems everything was manufactured by Yamaha this time.
I pumped it up quite loud and the technology used in this new system is derived from the DXR and DTX powered speaker technology which is first class designed.
Check this new system out and see if you agree with me!
(Retired 2021)

#360488 - 02/05/13 08:59 PM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I'm looking forward to hearing the StagePAS 600i. I was looking for a system to replace my smaller system... 2 Yamaha MSR100 and a small mixer. I also want a nice monitor system with better bass and more power... I feel like this is a contender.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#360491 - 02/05/13 10:31 PM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Does it supply power for the sub, or do you have to use a powered sub? Is there a sub built especially for it?
Also, what is the weight?
Thanks,
DonM

#360534 - 02/06/13 07:53 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

The weight of the system is 39lbs. Any Powered sub will work but Yamaha recommends one of their DSX powered subs.
You also get Phantom Power and a Feedback Suppressor function on this system.
(Retired 2021)

#360575 - 02/06/13 10:44 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

Two more great features I just discovered while plugging a mic into the system. Channel 3 and 4 have a combination XLR/1/4" plug so you can plug additional keyboards or guitars or mics using 1/4" plugs here. Also, the first 4 channels have a line/mic switch so you can use any kind of input here. I also just played with the built in SPX effects and the Reverbs are great. Yamaha has now given a reverb intensity knob on the first 4 channels and a master reverb on and off as well. The old model only had on and off on each channel and a master control.
(Retired 2021)

#360576 - 02/06/13 10:47 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

I just discovered a reverb foot switch jack! along with a monitor out and subwoofer out jack.
I put a mic right in front of the speaker and when the feedback started I pushed the anti feedback suppressor once and the feedback disappeared.
(Retired 2021)

#360579 - 02/06/13 11:13 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
error post

#360585 - 02/06/13 11:50 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
Dnj Offline

Attachments
header_pasystem_stagepas400i600i_01.jpg

#360701 - 02/07/13 11:36 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Does the monitor out carry everything going through the mixer, or can you selectively "monitor out" a single input channel?

#360771 - 02/08/13 07:37 AM Re: Yamaha Stage Pas 400 Just arrived [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

The monitor out carries everything.
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online