SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#360254 - 02/03/13 04:24 PM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Like DonM and Dave...hands down...what I own now is my favorite set up...For me you can't beat the Roland G70 and what it offers..a complete package..

If we are talking about yesteryear...I had a couple favorites..

Roland JX10 midied to a Yamaha TX81z (Tine piano), and Yamaha RX120 drum machine..

Another favorite set up..Roland D70, Alesis SR16 drum machine and Roland SH101 (bass)..

One problem I had to transpose (play different keys)..since there were no transpose feature..(till we used Pocket transpose midi device by Anetek)..

My one standard I never changed was my Roland Cubes...still my favorite sound system..

We always needed to use the Roland 2500 delay and rv2000 reverb..later replacing them with Boss se50 (still have it)..

#360258 - 02/03/13 06:03 PM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My Ketron X-1.

Tom

#360296 - 02/04/13 06:46 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
I'm fairly new to Keyboards having converted from Tenor Sax to Keyboards in 2008. So What I have now is my favorite by default:

Tyros 3 and Motif XF6 with the Motif MIDI out to the T3 and it being the controlling keybed.

Joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#360303 - 02/04/13 08:15 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Joesax]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Still using my favorite 4-6 times a month. A B-3 with a Roland SH-1 on top...a Suitcase Rhodes on my right hand, with One of two digital pianos on the top.I use 2 147 RV's for power.

When I'm out on one-nighters, I use a Hammond XB 2 on the bottom the same SH-1 on top and a Yamaha digital on my right hand. I use a Motion sound Top box and a JazzKat PhatCat for amplification with a small 4 channel mixer.

The heavy stuff stays at the country club I use it at, and there is a retired preacher who sets it all up for me.

R.

#360319 - 02/04/13 10:39 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
My favorite of them all was, the GEM WK8 which was the Rolce Royce of the GEM line until the Genesys came out and I still have the keyboard but I can't find a simple small part to get it to work again, although I had them all and they were all unique in some way, especially the ones that made History like the DX7,D50 and M1.

#360331 - 02/04/13 11:54 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They've ALL been my favorites..! I never went through them so quick I didn't have time to master them, and they all, for their day, could sound as good as anything on record for the time.

From Rhodes/CP30/B3/Clavinet/Odyssey rigs, to monster 80's rigs with 2 Mirage's/ESQ-1/SQ2/DX7/OBXpander and modules a-plenty, to today's mere G70, I have loved them all. And wouldn't go back to any of them (unless someone else does the cartage!), but wouldn't be lost if I had to!

No regrets...

#360336 - 02/04/13 12:10 PM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Big, little or short or tall; wish I coulda kept 'em all, MMMMM I loved them everyone!" - T. G. Sheppard.
DonM

#360348 - 02/04/13 03:16 PM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... cue music from Garth "Looking back ... on the memory of ..." grin ... one setup I enjoyed when we had the band in NY was the Fender Rhodes with the Cordovox on top for the wide variety of sounds it produced - especially the organ sounds - ... smile

#360525 - 02/06/13 06:28 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: tony mads usa]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... cue music from Garth "Looking back ... on the memory of ..." grin ... one setup I enjoyed when we had the band in NY was the Fender Rhodes with the Cordovox on top for the wide variety of sounds it produced - especially the organ sounds - ... smile

Very cool setup Tony. now for a trivia question. Who used the Cordovox on their top 40 hits? There's only one group I can think of. My cousin had one with a small Leslie-wow for the time it was a great portable organ. I had a Farfisa and it didn't sound near as good.

#360535 - 02/06/13 07:56 AM Re: Your favorite Keyboard Setup of all time [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Very cool setup Tony. now for a trivia question. Who used the Cordovox on their top 40 hits? There's only one group I can think of. My cousin had one with a small Leslie-wow for the time it was a great portable organ. I had a Farfisa and it didn't sound near as good.

Bill ... your question sent me 'google-ing' and I found some interesting stuff:

http://cqhams.the60sofficialsite.com/The_Mustangs_-_Found_and_Rediscovered.html

Gary Lewis and The Playboys:

Gary Lewis - Drums and vocals (b. July 31, 1946)
David Walker - Guitar (b. May 12, 1943)
Allan Ramsay - Bass (b. July 27, 1943, d. November 27, 1985)
David Costell - Guitar (b. March 15, 1944)
John West - "Cordovox" (electronic accordion) (b. July 31, 1939)

The Chessmen - "Love Didn't Die"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxvcvHAbl1Q

Meanwhile, back to the original topic ... grin

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online