SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#360595 - 02/06/13 02:38 PM Re: Let's Talk About the Yamaha S950............ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Some of these so called Audio styles on the S950 are just unusable & sound terrible IMO,...eg: US Marching band, R&B Slow Ballad, Industrial Chill, and quite a few more,...no wonder they only denmoed the few good ones mostly Latin & Jazz/Swing..
They have a long way to go to be successful using Audio styles for sure,....I'm being very honest.At this point in time on this Kb the Midi styles blow them away.

#360641 - 02/07/13 06:18 AM Re: Let's Talk About the Yamaha S950............ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Imo the Audio drums/styles aren't as good sounding as claimed,......some are not bad like the jazz/latin some are horrible and useless sounding, ....editing the audio drums cannot be done or can you save the audio styles to external USB or can you change drum sets to a midi set etc......
The S950 overall sound is very hot and needs to be tamed down regarding RH sounds & style parts, but that can be done with EQ settings etc,.......the speakers are a nbice improvement, the VH2 is a little bit better then VH1, BUT In NO WAY up to par with the likes of a TC Helicon VH unit in quality or tracking vocals,..no change in keyfeel it's light and fast like all previous models,.....wish they would charge a bit more and add the Tyros keybed to the MOTL models also etc,..
I love the Black color looks more Pro to me, the weight is wonderful also to transport, Yamaha also needs to put the USB port somewhere on the front deck too for easier access,. ...
I would expect the next T5 to be the same as their black Anniversary model in looks with more added Audio styles etc,... Some of the navigational buttons are in different places then my S910 but you get used to it after a while,...OTS,Octave, etc,.. as in every KB and believe me I have had so many thru the years there is Good & Bad it's all how much of it works for YOUR needs!....right now with some work I will make the S950 do what is asked of it for now,....
good luck with yours.

Edited by Dnj (02/07/13 06:34 AM)

#360661 - 02/07/13 08:36 AM Re: Let's Talk About the Yamaha S950............ [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yamaha need to put a hold on their audio drums feature until they have worked out how to make it as strong as the Ketron system.

For starters, if the audio styles are THAT strong, they need to be ALL the ROM styles, not just a few. No-one wants an arranger that blows your audience away... but only for a tiny few songs, then you are back to the naff MIDI kits for the rest.

Then they need to work PRONTO on one of two things (or, preferably, both!)... Either make it easy for users to import .wav loops into the audio style divisions, or get cracking (and I mean cracking!) on vastly increasing the available selection of audio drum styles.

Lastly, they need to link this all to an internal SSHD hybrid, and make it so the user can load them in on the fly, faster than lightning.

Until ALL this is done, it's a gimmick. No more, no less.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online