SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#360079 - 02/01/13 02:18 PM Re: ULTIMATE SUPPORT IQ300 X stand.....No Mic Boom??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
That mic holder only fits 30mm .... Donny wanted larger. The bracket he HAS fits 30mm.

Tube is 1 1/2" diameter.....30mm is closer to 1"..

gonna try ultimate support parts to see if they have the collar only for tier second tier tubes.....just got off the phone with them and the second tier isn't even released yet !! and they have no other parts for the iq3000 x stand so it's McGiver and completely change the BOTH tubes for 1" steel pipe and drill & attache them.. then add the 30mm collar or a separate Mic Boom stand. frown
Thank goodness for my great APEX 48 pro!!

Edited by Dnj (02/01/13 02:20 PM)

#360090 - 02/01/13 06:30 PM Re: ULTIMATE SUPPORT IQ300 X stand.....No Mic Boom??? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Using my laptop I needed a place for my mouse; I didn’t like reaching up. I made a round wooden disk and attached it to a 10” piece of wood - it was tapered to fit into the stand. I put a small screw in the stand so that the wood could not turn.

I also found that a Mic. attached to the same type of stand would not stay put all the time, it would move slightly. I drilled a hole through the stand and the Mic. holder an inserted a hinge pin. Never moved again. It was also easy to remove that Mic. when needed.

A friend from this forum has given me the same head-set that Gary is using – it sounds better than my $575 Beyer Mic. but I have not tried it live yet.

Quote:
And, Diki is correct in assuming those sounds are transmitted through the keyboard stand attached mic. You don't have to be heavy handed - they still come through, at least in my experience ------
So very true on most Microphones—

Just enjoying, John C.

#360093 - 02/01/13 07:15 PM Re: ULTIMATE SUPPORT IQ300 X stand.....No Mic Boom??? [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: bruno123
sounds are transmitted through the keyboard stand attached mic. You don't have to be heavy handed - they still come through, at least in my experience ------

I've been using a stand mounted mic boom for 20 years and the bleedthrough has never been an issue. It a question of noise floor, I guess. All I can cay is that no one has ever said ... "Whats all that banging noise?" Many pros, friends and fans have seen and heard me live on this very setup - no one has ever mentioned it. Do what sounds best, but scale down whenever possible.

#360112 - 02/02/13 05:19 AM Re: ULTIMATE SUPPORT IQ300 X stand.....No Mic Boom??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
That mic holder only fits 30mm .... Donny wanted larger. The bracket he HAS fits 30mm.

Exactly Dave.... the IQ3000 Ultimate Support X stand has a
1 1/2" diameter tube which is much larger then 30mm (1")...I talked to parts dept at Ultimate Support,...they do not at this time make a Mic Boom for this model,..it certainly the best X stand on the market built wise, but you would need to use a separate Mic Boom, or build your own.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online