SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#359583 - 01/26/13 09:39 AM HK Audio Nano 300...Update
Dnj Offline

So many people have asked me about the HK Audio Nano...I have to say that after playing over 30 gigs with it so far it is the Best Sounding, most versatile, small portable lightweight 3 channel, PA I have ever used with my KORG PA3x. I personally use it for my smaller venues and it doesn't disappoint, great Stereo coverage & separation, or Mono, audiences are amazed at the full sound and searing vocals from the small satellites!! Lots of hook up options also on the Sub, iPod, mixer, guitar, etc,... clap use it for the Right scenarios and it will definitely serve you well. As for my bigger venues 100-400+pp etc, I still use my Powered Mackies 12",15" etc,..If your thinking of buying one or any other gear give SZ Dealer/member Frank V at Audioworks CT a call he will take good care of you. wink

http://www.audioworksct.com/

#359735 - 01/28/13 06:41 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

"If you run a local jam night or low-key open mic events where space and volume are both pressing issues, then the Nano 300 feels like the perfect solution."
"So how loud can the Nano 300 go? The press launch in a vast hanger saw a single Nano 300 delivering an impressive performance from over 100 meters!"
"The Nano 300 is cute, thoughtfully designed and delivers a heck of a lot of wallop for such a small unit."
[The HK Nano 300's] "projection and clarity is astounding, especially given how tiny it is."
"The Nano's flexibility is also reflected in a wide array of accessory packs that adapt the Nano 300 to different situations whilst enhancing its highly-portable USP."
"The tabletop option is also very practical; audiophiles may question the satellites ability to handle to more detailed elements of the audio spectrum but we can see no reason why the Nano couldn't be used in a small project studio: the sound quality is certainly more than good enough for studio monitoring and the speakers' tiny footprint means that they won't take up too much precious desktop real estate, either."

#359767 - 01/28/13 07:31 PM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Thanks for the review.I'm in confusion whether to buy Bose compact L1 or HK Nano 300 for my Tyros4 keyboard.My requirement is for live performance for about 100 people,I need clean studio quality sound just like what i hear through headphones.
How this Nano 300 sound when compared with Bose Compact L1?
please give your opinion.

Thanks,
Sunny

#359774 - 01/28/13 10:02 PM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess this is the big question. Which one stays the cleanest at the absolute top of it's range..? Which one is the loudest at the top of it's range?

Which one is the loudest AND the cleanest?

#359787 - 01/29/13 05:05 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: sunny152]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: sunny152
Thanks for the review.I'm in confusion whether to buy Bose compact L1 or HK Nano 300 for my Tyros4 keyboard.My requirement is for live performance for about 100 people,I need clean studio quality sound just like what i hear through headphones.
How this Nano 300 sound when compared with Bose Compact L1?
please give your opinion.

Thanks,
Sunny

The MONO Bode L1 is not a good comparison as it is in a totally different Power class.IMO the HK Audio Nano 300 vs the smaller Bose Compact would be a better comparison power wise. In that scenario my choice is definitely the Stereo HK Audio Nano 300 for it's clean sound, & versatility, for 50 - 100pp ....for what your asking you would need complete TWO L1 units.

If your looking for more power for bigger venues look at the awesome HK Auio ELEMENTS Line of speakers... headphone

HK Audio Elements

Edited by Dnj (01/29/13 05:13 AM)

#359788 - 01/29/13 05:27 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sunny,

The beauty of purchasing a Bose system is you have a 45-day, no-questions-asked return policy. If you, or your audiences don't like what they hear, send it back for a full refund. Having used the Bose L1 Compact nearly every day since it became available, and the Bose L1 prior to that for nearly 5 years, I, personally, would never go back to a conventional sound system. Give the Bose system a try, then try the HK Nano - just makes sense. Then YOU decide.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#359790 - 01/29/13 05:59 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Gary, have you tried the HK's yet?

If the OP wants stereo (which is what he is hearing in his studio headphones and says he wants that), his only option is TWO Compacts, which basically doubles his cost.

Most online stores have a return policy at little cost, perhaps he should get BOTH, and figure it out. Mind you, hasn't Donny already tried both? He seems to be pretty sure which one he prefers..!

#359791 - 01/29/13 06:10 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Not personally, but I did get to hear the Nano a couple weeks ago when one of the boaters here brought their system to the Tiki Hut and used it with his Synth. It sounded just fine if you were up close, but the falloff seemed significant in comparison with the two Bose systems that were at the same event.

The above reasons are why I tell everyone about Bose' 45-day return policy. Additionally, Bose has an incredible service department, at least that has been the experience of the few individuals that had to use their service department.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#359792 - 01/29/13 06:33 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Diki]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Sunny,
Pardon my intrusion on the subject, I have recently purchased a set of hk elements (2 active sub units and 4 mid/high head units), I also have the T4. I assume Diki and many on the forum would agree that you really can't substitute great sound and having I know an expensive high end keyboard like the T4, it is really worth investing in a such a PA system. I have auditioned both the Bose L1s and HK elements side by side prior purchase, and IMO if you're really after the "LIVE" delivery of sound, then the HKs are it.
Nothing wrong with the Bose mind you, but I do feel that it lacks the LiVE elements in a PA. The sub unit in the HK is quality German design and manufactured and great built and another great advantage is that the system can grow according to your needs.
I haven't auditioned the nano 300 but I'm sure I do understand where Donny is coming from. Whatever your decision, I hope you will be motivated and your audience will be captivated by the awesome sounds of the T4. All the best, Ky

#359796 - 01/29/13 09:55 AM Re: HK Audio Nano 300...Update [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

To be honest, most of the time, I'm LOOKING for a drop off in volume! Rather than cover the entire room, most venues I play want a dance floor volume on the dance floor, and a conversational volume at the bar or dining tables. I've played with a guy with a full L1 system, and this was pretty difficult to achieve.

For a venue with no floor, or an elderly clientele, I think the Bose's are the bees knees. But I seldom get those gigs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online