SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#358813 - 01/16/13 02:50 AM technics KN6500.
judych Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
hi all. Our KN6500 is not working properly. Mostly the piano sounds when played have a background of some percussive effect. Its like someone is playing a cymbal ??
The keyboard is played mostly in split mode.

We took it to a repair shop but they didnt fix it. They put it back to factory presets.

Is it possible to have something wrong that we can fix without new parts if its been reverted back to factory presets and still has problems?

..also, what does ''initialising'' mean??.. ive seen it mentioned here, i did think it was reverting back to factory presets.

All input gratefully received.. thanks

#358818 - 01/16/13 06:03 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes initialising is reverting back to factory presets. Several things to check.
Does it happen when there is no rhythm being played?
Do you have only 'part select - right one' switched on or are the cymbals coming from 'part select - right two'?
Next to those two buttons is one marked 'left' - is that switched on?
Does it happen with all the piano sound options?
Does it happen say with a clarinet or a vibraphone?
Enough to be going on with...

#358958 - 01/18/13 03:10 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Dave L. Offline

Just a quick thought from New Zealand

Make sure the MODULATYION wheel is in the OFF positian
The modulation wheel is next to the Pitch bend wheel

Both control wheels are on the bottom left of keybaard

If the Modulation wheel is partly on it has been known to upset the crystel clear Piano sounds.
I have discovered the modulation wheel partly ON when a music teacher was complaining of extra unwanted sounds when playing as a piano.
The pitch bend wheel springs back to the OFF positian BUT the Modulation wheel does not----silly design ----

All the best from accross the ditch cousins.

Dave L.

#359289 - 01/23/13 02:55 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: Dave L.]
judych Offline

hi Dave and thank you so much for this input. I will let the technicians know about that one. AT the moment we have it in a repair shop. The techs have taken it apart and found that there is a fault with the mothering board. As a result, we need to find a board somewhere that we can purchase. Because im new here im not sure how to start another thread on the subject but we do need to buy a mothering board from someone who has spare parts... the keyboard is sxKN6500 Technics .We have purchased the service manual from an online site. If we can get the mothering board, or mother board, then we know someone with all the gear that can fix it for us. Im thinking that someone here will know of a person who has these components for sale?? i sure do hope so..
I really do want to see the keyboard working again. My husband is going to be really lost without it. If i need to move this post to another thread or whatever, can someone please tell me how to do that?? regards......judy

#359290 - 01/23/13 02:58 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
judych Offline

...more on the last post.... the techs, when they opened the technics keyboard up, found that by just applying some pressure to the board that it was fixed temporarily. not sure how or why but it didnt last long. So, the problem is definately in the circuitry.

#359291 - 01/23/13 03:01 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: RMepstead]
judych Offline

hi Roger... yes, all these things have been checked out, and thank you so much for your input. Greatly appreciated. Now we are trying to find from somewhere a mothering board, as the tech thinks the board may need to be replaced. Do you know of anyone or anywhere these components would be sold? regards. judych

#359297 - 01/23/13 03:27 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Judy , sorry to read about your kn6500 problems .

you could try contacting WD Greenhill & co in Rochford Essex England

Email info@wdgreenhill.com

or webmaster@wdgreenhill.com

Good luck !!!!

Giovanni

#359314 - 01/23/13 06:43 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Well done Giovanni - that's who I would have suggested.
Rog

#359341 - 01/23/13 01:49 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: Giovanni]
judych Offline

thanks.... will email them today. I will let you know how we- get on. regards...judych

#359536 - 01/25/13 03:09 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
mordicus Offline

Loc: Montreal
Originally Posted By: judych
...more on the last post.... the techs, when they opened the technics keyboard up, found that by just applying some pressure to the board that it was fixed temporarily. not sure how or why but it didnt last long. So, the problem is definately in the circuitry.

Hi,

I just would like to share some experience I had with a kn6500 I bought for parts a few years ago. The guy told me that the keyboard behave strangely with some weird sounds coming out of it and when he sent it for repair it came back even worst than before.
So I bought it anyway for a few dollars thinking I could maybe repair it. I'm no electronic technician but I used to be a senior cash register tech and like to fool around with broken mechanic or electronic things.
I removed the back plate of the kn and turned it on using a piece of wood wich is not conducting electricity and start touchings the board inside until I realized that putting pressure at a particular place inside the problem woud dissapear.
Looking closer, it was a big chip with lots of pins and I tought that maybe there could be a bad soldering there. So I brought the keyboard to my technician telling him my discovery. And guess what?
That was the problem and he resoldered the pins and that fixed it.

I think your motherboard may only have the same kind of trouble I had. Ask your technician to dig in.

Cheers and good luck !

Serge

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online