Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#358329 - 01/09/13 06:21 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

So, I sometimes wonder whether all this new features are REALLY necessary, or is it i.e. just Yamaha's & others' way to ensure that their styles CANNOT accurately be reproduced for other types, because it CANNOT - Period!!!

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Hi Henni

I have always rated the Roland styles as the highest out there, with the unique ability to sound musical no matter what you do to them, however If the manufacture creates voices that mimic exactly all the effects that Yamaha use in its Mega voice, using the manufactures own sound engine to produce the sounds, then they can be played directly.

NOTE: The sounds timbre will not sound exactly the same due to a different sound engine producing them, also the engineer’s interpretation of the voices will also play a role in how they sound, (This is why a Ketron Trumpet sounds different to a Roland Trumpet) but all the effects and features will match.

Bill

#358349 - 01/09/13 10:26 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Is there a way to determine which of the "zips" contain Roland?

#358364 - 01/09/13 01:31 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

Please allow me to say this if I may. I have now converted a LOT of styles, even lately for the Audya. What I can state FOR A FACT is that Roland can create AMAZING styles without the use of any special features or special voices.

Yamaha & others on the contrary need all this fancy stuff to make their styles sound good. Roland styles do not sound inferior to any of these, not even in the least, and can easily be converted to play just as well on other makes of arrangers because it's pure standard midi, just programmed exceptionally well by talented programmers.

To demonstrate this even further, go listen to how "warm" the modified Ketron styles sound on the Yamaha's using Yamaha's standard, onboard midi. Even the drums of those sounds more real, a comment I've also read from many others.

So, I sometimes wonder whether all this new features are REALLY necessary, or is it i.e. just Yamaha's & others' way to ensure that their styles CANNOT accurately be reproduced for other types, because it CANNOT - Period!!!

Off course nothing can replace or compare with the audio parts on the Audya, so I'm not including these. The best of my recent conversions came from Roland - Fact!!! Now imagine adding audio to it... Man, we'll end up with AMAZING styles!!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Hi Henni,

completely agree, and again thanks for all what you are doing here in the forum...

Joe

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online