Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

Please allow me to say this if I may. I have now converted a LOT of styles, even lately for the Audya. What I can state FOR A FACT is that Roland can create AMAZING styles without the use of any special features or special voices.

Yamaha & others on the contrary need all this fancy stuff to make their styles sound good. Roland styles do not sound inferior to any of these, not even in the least, and can easily be converted to play just as well on other makes of arrangers because it's pure standard midi, just programmed exceptionally well by talented programmers.

To demonstrate this even further, go listen to how "warm" the modified Ketron styles sound on the Yamaha's using Yamaha's standard, onboard midi. Even the drums of those sounds more real, a comment I've also read from many others.

So, I sometimes wonder whether all this new features are REALLY necessary, or is it i.e. just Yamaha's & others' way to ensure that their styles CANNOT accurately be reproduced for other types, because it CANNOT - Period!!!

Off course nothing can replace or compare with the audio parts on the Audya, so I'm not including these. The best of my recent conversions came from Roland - Fact!!! Now imagine adding audio to it... Man, we'll end up with AMAZING styles!!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Hi Henni,

completely agree, and again thanks for all what you are doing here in the forum...

Joe