SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358135 - 01/07/13 12:48 PM Rory Hoffman Update.....!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Our man Rory did his usual good job at a Guitar Legends gala in December to raise funds for a Tennessee arts organization.

He's now recognized at a primary guitar figure. This event included Duane Eddy, Larry Carlton, Steve Warner and headliner Vince Gill, plus other guitar legends

Gill commented that he's glad he also writes songs when hearing Rory.

Rory's a world class pro on many instruments. 4 years ago, when Rory and I were at the Summer NAMM, he sat down at a new C-1 in the Nord Booth.

A few minutes later, Tony Monaco was standing in front of him wearing a big smile. Tony had come over from the Hammond booth to listen to the player everyone was talking about.

Rory and I are as different as night and day (he actually has talent), from religious, political and music preference standpoints.

But, every time I see him or read about his accomplishments, I get this big smile on my face.

He's finally getting the recognition he deserves!

And, he's a really nice person to know.

Russ

P.S. When you get a chance, hunt for his latest version of "Autumn Leaves" on YouTube. FANTASTIC!

Edited by captain Russ (01/07/13 01:17 PM)

#358138 - 01/07/13 01:32 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... you are so right ... I have forwarded the Autumn Leaves" link to many of my friends ...

#358141 - 01/07/13 01:46 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That is outstanding, to say the least! I've never seen anyone play like he does.

#358142 - 01/07/13 01:55 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, Rory is such a tremendous talent. One of a kind for sure. The other thing this video shows is that there are some Country players out there that definately know more than three chords. Also, no matter what an audience's preference may be, they'll always appreciate great talent and ability.

That was a real treat.

chas

#358147 - 01/07/13 02:39 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Rory is a seriously good player...very tasty stuff, indeed.

Ian

#358151 - 01/07/13 02:48 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's always so great to know that, musical tastes, religious or political leanings, appearance, gender, you name it... none of that matters much to MUSICIANS...

CAN YOU PLAY..?!!

If so, you're good to go!

#358152 - 01/07/13 03:04 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Well said, Diki!

R.

#358155 - 01/07/13 05:04 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Thanks Russ, and all of you for the nice comments. I haven't been around here much lately. Since i got my Nord Stage II, I haven't really been interested in any new keyboards or keyboard discussions. Keeping pretty busy here in Music City though. Lots of work as an accordionist, as well as guitar, keys, sax, harmonica, clarinet, mandolin. LOL, that's been my saving grace here, the fact that I can do a lot of things reasonably well. Just did my first autoharp session a few days ago. smile I do a solo piano and guitar night once a month or so at F. Scott's which is Nashville's premier jazz club, so I'm definitely keeping the jazz chops up. It's not all country music here, thankfully. I've had a pretty major falling out with modern country music of late. It has lost itself.
But anyway, when this thread came up in google alerts, I thought I'd check in and say howdy to everybody.
Rory

#358156 - 01/07/13 05:16 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: FAEbGBD]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Rory, thanks for stopping by... always good to hear from you... smile ... Yes Chas he did say accordion!!! ... grin

#358158 - 01/07/13 07:21 PM Re: Rory Hoffman Update.....! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
It's ok Tony, nobody's perfect smile .

Good to hear that Rory's thriving as a musician in a city full of great musicians.

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online