SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#357865 - 12/28/12 05:19 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Diki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Diki
Wait until you are on a bandstand with a full band, and the leader calls a tune you don't have a Performance already set for...!

It's an awesome ARRANGER... but from extensive time on it, I think I can say that it isn't the fastest keyboard to set up on the fly.

I disagree - there are 3 right hand sounds and 1 left hand sound always available in each setting. There are EZ on/off buttons right at your fingertips. There are TONS of performance patches, same as on workstations, and the beauty of the 3x enhances the adaptability "on the fly" with all the real time sliders. I could play this (and I DO) in large bands (at school) and never turn on an auto drum or pattern. It can run with all the big dogs side by side in sounds and effects. I've had most major brands, and this is one of the most versatile boards even if it wasn't an arranger/DJ dream. Give it another try.

#357866 - 12/28/12 05:50 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave..less the mp3 feature on the Korg..Diki is right, the G70 is the friendliess board to use..with quick, easy to get to control...What you state about the PA3x is true, but the G70 gives you two additional parts available in all set ups...Access to all edits is much easier to get to on the G70 and touch control is better on the g70...the Korg is to small and crowded on the display...The combination of touch screen and buttons (also sliders) is un surpassed..on the G70.

If you like ..I can bring the G70 over and do a side by side smile

Also the harmonizer functions are a no brainer on the G70, much more versatile, and less work preparing for different functions...in fact there is no preparation needed..

All it will take is a hands on side by side...that you have avoided for years... grin

Most of my comments are in comparison to the PA800 I owned...but the PA3x still has most of the items I mentioned..

I haven't mentioned the superior use of effects on the Roland, again comparing to the PA800..Is there any major change on the PA3x?

#357868 - 12/28/12 07:29 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

yawn.....

#357872 - 12/28/12 10:07 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
yawn.....

Fran signature:
"I can't afford to own a Audya , Korg PA3X, or Tyros4...So....I own a Roland G70, BK-5, and a Lionstracs MediaStation X76...."

Nuff said Dave, Frans got the three most unpopular bits of kit on the planet, I think they must be NO more that 3 of each in the UK there on the endangered species list, there are more Pandas in the UK. I am off shooting this morning, confused2 I will see if I can shoot you a few...(NOT PANDAS) And no wonder Fran can't afford a Audya , Korg PA3X, or Tyros4... Dom fleeced him when he bought the MS, still not done Italy any good, they are broke too.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357884 - 12/29/12 04:45 AM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
yawn.....

That's a big yawn..... sleep

#357926 - 12/29/12 12:12 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Tony,
Don't be fooled by Fran's signature - I've never seen him deny himself of ANYTHING he wanted ... no matter what the cost! For a guy who works when we WANTS to ... he sure does have some cool toys.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online