SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#356888 - 12/18/12 09:21 PM A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Korg has been slow to provide really great demos of the Microarranger.
Here is a great one. The little KMA is truly amazing.

https://soundcloud.com/korg/organswg

Deane

#356890 - 12/18/12 09:56 PM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Deane,

I am confused2 didn't you sell yours ???

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#356908 - 12/19/12 02:26 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As has been said so many times, talent trumps equipment every day and twice on Sunday! Put that player on ANYTHING, and it's likely he can change your opinion.

And put a bad (or even average!) player on YOUR favorite arranger, he can make it sound like a toy.

And, bottom line.... Thank God!

#356916 - 12/19/12 05:27 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki's right. If you want to SOUND like that, forget the kb and learn to PLAY like that.

chas

#356944 - 12/19/12 08:32 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Diki's right. If you want to SOUND like that, forget the kb and learn to PLAY like that.

chas

WOW... this guy could even make my dinosaur kn6000 sound GREAT !!! clap ... but the fact remains that that kb in the right hands sounds awesome ... keys

#356954 - 12/19/12 09:13 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
hammer Offline

Tony,
I sold my PA600 not the KMA. It's to cool to sell.

Deane

#356960 - 12/19/12 10:29 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Sorry Deane,

Someone sold one recently thought it was you, how are you keeping and have you a date for your visit to UK next year, would be nice to meet up..

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#356961 - 12/19/12 10:43 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
hammer Offline

Hi Tony,
If everything goes great with my recovery we would visit the UK again in late April. That said, I am not doing that great right now. On any given day I wake up and have no strength or energy at all. Yesterday is a good example. I had a one hour gig scheduled but had to call my wife at work to get her to drive me to the gig and help me setup and break down my equipment because I did not have the strength to lift my keyboard or my speakers. I have cancelled dozens of gigs and now I am playing not more than twice a week and never back to back days or more than one hour at a time. I certainly can't do doubles right now.

I am in contact with about a dozen of our UK friends via email and skype and we are considering visiting all of them as soon as I am able and just doing a driving vacation around the UK when and if that time comes.

Anyway, didn't mean to take the post in a different direction.

Deane

#356962 - 12/19/12 11:22 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Deane,

Look forward to seeing you in the UK you take care of yourself.

Tony

#356968 - 12/19/12 12:21 PM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: hammer]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I still don't get it Deane...you sold the PA600 because the KMA is a better sounding keyboard? Sorry, but I'm having a hard time getting that. Not that I don't believe you, it's just that the more upscale PA600 should sound better than a mini keyed arranger

Is it all because of John's resources that are loaded on your KMA, and not available for the PA600? That can't be entirely the reason as the KMA demo's you provided sounded great, and most likely did not utilize his resources. (sorry John smile ) Is the OS that much different that John's resources wouldn't work on your PA600? If so, maybe someone can create PA600 resources similar to what John produced for the KMA and other PA's..although it took him years to reach that goal.

Would you have kept the KMA if John's resources were not available? Would you have kept the PA600 if they were compatible with the 600?

What I get out of your past comments is that Korg arrangers require a lot of editing to get close to what you like, and you didn't want to be bothered spending months fine tuning. I don't blame you for that, as I too would not want to spend that much time tuning, editing, and adjusting...a little is OK, but to me it sounded like you were not even close to being happy with the 600 straight out of the box,

Sorry didn't mean to answer for you...just hard to believe you are more happier with the KMA over the PA600.
PS...hope you're feeling better soon. Wish I could go with you to visit our pal Tony, although there is very little room in those 'flats'

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online